Message Center sends me my reply to messages

Jbird and Zip

5 minutes ago, Jbird and Zip said:

When I send a message to another cacher using the Message Center, I get an e-mail with a copy of my message (it says "Jbird and Zip has sent you a new message").

How to I disable this, uh, feature?

It's a setting in the Message Center.  See if this helps.  The last post in that thread shows a picture of the checkbox.

Edited by kunarion
5 minutes ago, Jbird and Zip said:

But it looks as if that setting would also stop messages from everyone from forwarding to email. Or am I missing something?

Check your Account email settings. 

image.png.c55a4681dc553fbf77700a3640e777ef.png  image.png.13a6d8608b5ce406a4c0ccb27798e1d4.png  image.png.fe77b8722061392e52bc812f94042b22.png

I do NOT have the "Forward Messages to Email" box checked in the Message Center settings.  I get an email when I get a Message, and I can answer via email, OR through the Message center.

I have this annoying bug as well, where I receive a following email notification:

Geocaching: olda šetrnej, you have a new message from olda šetrnej!

it makes no sense to send this kind of notification - I haven't received a new message from myself, I have sent one out!

I want email notifications of when someone else sends me a message.

This is clearly a bug. It used to work ok before - this bug has been ocurring for months now.

10 minutes ago, olda šetrnej said:

I have this annoying bug as well, where I receive a following email notification:

it makes no sense to send this kind of notification - I haven't received a new message from myself, I have sent one out!

I want email notifications of when someone else sends me a message.

This is clearly a bug. It used to work ok before - this bug has been ocurring for months now.

Have you made sure your Forward Messages to Email setting in Message Centre is unchecked?

image.png.9acb71ffe74ffb1a72eb791102abc468.png

This setting only controls emails for messages you send. The one in your account profile controls emails for received messages.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Helpful 2