Anyone going to BC Mega and 20 Years in Seattle?

ScroogieII

A couple of weeks ago pmaupin, one of our fine Waymarkers from Pas de Calais (that's in France, for all the Geocachers listening), contacted me, apprising me of the fact that he had plans (bookings already) to attend "the Mega which takes place in Abbotsford on August 22, and of course the 20 years of geocaching in Seattle on August 15".

He inquired as to the possibility of our meeting, as he knew that I live in BC. I immediately thought that to be a real fine idea.

Anybody else here considering the same trip? This may present another of those inexplicably rare opportunities for a few (or [hopefully] more) from the Waymarking community to have a face-to-face - that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to praise and berate each other in person, as opposed to the impersonal interlocutions previously enjoyed/endured here.

Any who might have inclinations in this direction, please raise your hands NOW - then put your fingers to keyboard so the rest of us, who weren't in the room at the time, might know your intentions. :) :)

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII

I have been planning my trip since the 20 year Event was announced. BUT... Spouse has medical issues that might require surgery followed by recuperation time. We are in a "Wait and see" period. I will not be making the trip unless she is fully recovered and can take care of herself.

-

A "15 Year Waymarkers Anniversary Event" would be great. It wouldn't hurt to see if HQ would allow it near a Mega or their 20 year Event. Or even a weekday between major Events.

Well, I'm sorry to hear of the medical issues. We're definitely hoping that they're resolved in the best way possible, irrespective of their potential impact on the Seattle event.

It would definitely be cool if you could attend. True, a "15 Year Waymarkers Anniversary Event" would be truly cool, too. As of now, with a total of three potential attendees, it wouldn't be much  of an event, though. For now we'll have to just sit back and see what rises to the surface.

Keith 

Well here is the Mega which was to take place in Abbotsford on August 22 is postponed to August 28, 2021, and of course the 20 years of geocaching in Seattle on August 21, 2021, so I canceled my hotel reservation for this year, but I will come next year, that's for sure.

On 4/22/2020 at 8:01 AM, pmaupin said:

Well here is the Mega which was to take place in Abbotsford on August 22 is postponed to August 28, 2021, and of course the 20 years of geocaching in Seattle on August 21, 2021, so I canceled my hotel reservation for this year, but I will come next year, that's for sure.

Just got on here and saw the cancellation, then your reply. Was gonna write you when I saw the cancellation, then there was your reply, right below. Guess I won't need to include that in my next letter. :(