Organized groups in Dallas, TX?

Sea Wolf

Not quite all together, but it's the NTGA - North Texas Geocachers Association. You can join their mail group at http://www.topica.com/ - join and look for the group NTGA.

Note: Most folks who are on the NTGA list also frequent the forums. AND, we have some of the best recurring geo-breakfast's in the country, in my humble opinion of course! Look for the next one. Don't think it's planned yet. I am trying for one in July.

Welcome, and enjoy!

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

quote:
Originally posted by VentureForth:

AND, we have some of the best recurring geo-breakfast's in the country, in my humble opinion of course!

Well, the bacon *was* a bit overdone... but at least it was there (I won't mention the fact that the GGA came up empty... it'd be cruel... icon_biggrin.gif).

quote:
Originally posted by VentureForth:

AND, we have some of the best recurring geo-breakfast's in the country, in my humble opinion of course!

Well, the bacon *was* a bit overdone... but at least it was there (I won't mention the fact that the GGA came up empty... it'd be cruel... icon_biggrin.gif).

quote:
Originally posted by AU PROSPECTOR:

i am new also, and would like to find a club close to me so i could learn more. i live in terrell and just bought a 76S.i went to the site venture said but could not find the ntga site on there??.

try here for NTGA list

http://www.topica.com/lists/ntga

only ones I heard of in Texas is DFW(NTGA), Houston, & Austin groups.

how4.gif No matter where you go... There you are!

quote:
i am new also, and would like to find a club close to me so i could learn more.

Welcome Au Prospector!!! North Texas Geocaching Association, NTGA, is just beginning to organize, but the NTGA list on topica that Dougsbrat refers to is the place to start to get plugged into news in the local area.

There are also a couple of upcoming get-togethers in the area. Tomboy is hosting a picnic in Ennis on the 13th and Venture Forth (who is actually from Greenville) and Bobcachette are hosting a breakfast in McKinney on the 27th. You can get more information about events by clicking on "view the event calendar" about halfway down the page on the main geocaching.com page. These are great ways to meet other geocachers in the area. Please come if you can.

Happy caching!!

Alchemist2000

Just a reminder that the next NTGA meeting is 2 pm Sunday, October 27. There will be a presentation by the Resource Manager for the Fort Worth Nature Center on "A public land manager's perspective on site selection and resource protection as it relates to GeoCaching". She is a geocacher herself and very graciously helped host the recent NTGA Field Day.

For more info on the meeting or on NTGA in general see the cache page or the NTGA web site.

Everyone is welcome...whether you are new to geocaching or a longtime veteran. Hope to see lots of people there!!

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Alchemist2000