100th Texas find

fortworthbret

Congratulations on your upcoming milestone!! icon_cool.gif

I agree with Webling that the caches in the national grasslands near Decatur, including Texas Double, are really outstanding. It continues to surprise me that they get such little traffic. I can only speculate that many people think it is a longer drive than it actually is. BTW...it is very hilly with great views, not anything like I visualized a "grassland" to be.

I am also very partial to all of the caches in Dinosaur Valley State Park, near Glen Rose, southwest of Fort Worth. I think there are now four in the park, including a virtual which has yet to be found. We picked Blessed Solitude for our 100th cache. It still remains one of my all time favorites. It required a lot of preparation ahead of time, but that was half the fun for us.

I would also highly recommend the caches in Tyler State Park, north of Tyler off I-20. We did those just this past weekend. This is an outstanding park. My personal favorite of those was Five Sisters, but we enjoyed all three of the caches in this park very much.

Good luck on whatever you decide. Any geocaching adventure is better than sitting at home!!

Alchemist2000

Congratulations on your upcoming milestone!! icon_cool.gif

I agree with Webling that the caches in the national grasslands near Decatur, including Texas Double, are really outstanding. It continues to surprise me that they get such little traffic. I can only speculate that many people think it is a longer drive than it actually is. BTW...it is very hilly with great views, not anything like I visualized a "grassland" to be.

I am also very partial to all of the caches in Dinosaur Valley State Park, near Glen Rose, southwest of Fort Worth. I think there are now four in the park, including a virtual which has yet to be found. We picked Blessed Solitude for our 100th cache. It still remains one of my all time favorites. It required a lot of preparation ahead of time, but that was half the fun for us.

I would also highly recommend the caches in Tyler State Park, north of Tyler off I-20. We did those just this past weekend. This is an outstanding park. My personal favorite of those was Five Sisters, but we enjoyed all three of the caches in this park very much.

Good luck on whatever you decide. Any geocaching adventure is better than sitting at home!!

Alchemist2000