Having Signal or Banner appear at Celebration Event

DragonsWest

Are you hosting a Mega Event or Giga Event?  That is where Signal the Frog can be found (or the banner, if Signal cannot travel to the event).  The Signal the Frog banner is not available for a regular Community Celebration Event.  See more information in this Geocaching Blog Post.  If you are hosting a Mega or Giga Event, your contact at Geocaching HQ can assist with the logistics for a visit by Signal or the Banner.

16 hours ago, Keystone said:

Are you hosting a Mega Event or Giga Event?  That is where Signal the Frog can be found (or the banner, if Signal cannot travel to the event).  The Signal the Frog banner is not available for a regular Community Celebration Event.  See more information in this Geocaching Blog Post.  If you are hosting a Mega or Giga Event, your contact at Geocaching HQ can assist with the logistics for a visit by Signal or the Banner.

I see that you are a moderator, but not an employee of HQ (to my limited knowledge of course, based upon observable facts.)  I have read the blog post, at least three times by now and will point out that it is vague on the subject, to quote:

Geocachers can log the cache by finding and taking a photo with either the official full-size Signal the Frog® mascot or the official 2020 Signal the Frog® banner. Both versions of Signal the Frog® will most reliably be found at Mega- and Giga-Events.

Please note that the italicized text does not state only.  As I am going to host a community event far, far away from these mega and giga events I thought it would be a kindness and courtesy to extend the opportunity to my guests to meet the banner or Signal and obtain the locationless cache icon.  Many cannot get away and to others it may be a financial commitment to traveling with family they cannot do.  Out of my own pocket I am willing to foot the tab for whichever I can get for the day.  This is why I ask.

Contacted the lilypad direct (which is what I figured I should have done first off) and have their response, posting it here for the benefit of others:

Thank you for contacting Geocaching HQ about the Signal the Frog®.

2020 is a busy year for Signal, and he has an important job attending Mega/Giga-Events to help geocachers find the Locationless Cache GC8FR0G. As such, his travels are already planned for the year and he will not be able to attend your Event. The same goes for the banners. We understand this isn't the answer you were hoping for!

We hope you can meet Signal at one of the qualifying Mega/Giga-Events in 2020.

12 hours ago, DragonsWest said:

I see that you are a moderator, but not an employee of HQ (to my limited knowledge of course, based upon observable facts.)

I apologize for trying to be helpful by providing an accurate answer to your question.  Have a great Community Celebration Event!

• Funny 3
  • Surprised 1
4 hours ago, Keystone said:

I apologize for trying to be helpful by providing an accurate answer to your question.  Have a great Community Celebration Event!

I don't know what you're apologizing for. DragonsWest was just explaining why he didn't feel he could take your response as an authorized contradiction of the blog post. He wasn't complaining. And his point still seems perfectly valid. But we do all appreciate your accurate answer even though we couldn't take it as gospel.