Community Celebration Cache Rally Event Designs

hyliston

I'm running a full-day card-collecting geocaching rally event for my Community Celebration.  I'm calling it "The BarterDash".  At the recommendation of HQ, it's split into 2 events:

Kickoff Event: https://coord.info/GC8HYJC

Community Celebration: https://coord.info/GC8HMQN

I've registered a domain and written a mobile-friendly web page at thebarterdash.com (it looks  a bit stretched on a desktop, but still works fine).  I've come up with a "logo", which is just stylized text with a border around it.  Geocachers will be collecting cards from geocaches - I've already had some cards made (photo below) to give out at events and place in caches in the area to promote the event.  During event-day, they will be collecting cards which will have many different types of caches on the front (Traditional & Webcam designs attached).  I'm happy with the back of the card design - it will be the same for all cards.  HQ has approved the cards, since I am not selling them.

I've started getting into designing a geocoin and t-shirt.  Nothing is set in stone with these.  My thought for the t-shirt is below.  My first thought for the geocoin is to make it rectangular and look like the Community Celebration card without the promo text at the top (and replacing the Groundspeak logo with the open-source G+ logo).  I'm not a designer, and while I have help placing caches for the event,  it's just me putting this event together.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

logo.png

gamecards.png

promocard.jpg

shirt-back.png

shirt-front.png

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

sad ~ but  the stuff will still apply later, whenever people can be together celebrating ...

mine was postponed by virtue of the county park system sending me a blank email with an attachment of the refund of my pavilion rental fee.  I was able to figure out what this meant ;-)

Someone there was a true believer in,  "omit needless words".

I absolutely love this celebration event idea. I'm an artist I can draw or whatever artistically you may need. In return you can explain the details to this idea as I can not find it,the links say not valid. See I have a celebration event as well and have yet to host an event. Wanting to stay true to form I want it to.be.unique ,different and an experience for all. I have tried my idea which was Geocaching Awards 2020 but in mere month the interest never grew past 4 nominations to come in,so I just squashed it and back to the drawing board so to speak. So is.it a rally like a race or a challenge, most found wins w/ different points for difficulty 5"s or puzzle caches? The cards you hide on event day ,one per cache ,how is score kept or a winner announced. Are the caches on a different form? What did you need permission for exactly from everyone get shirt or you selling them to purchase,?please please any feedback you share will be greatly appreciated and used wisely. Um so yeah great idea &thanks for sharing 

• Funny 1

Hi @JCACHEkingofthehide - it's basically the game Haggle -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggle_(game) -- but with geocaching mixed in.  The cards are hidden in several dozen geocaches which will be placed for the event.  After the day caching in the region, everyone will haggle at the event before turning in their hand.  I'd tabulate scores and present awards while everyone is eating/drinking.  I have 5 other people helping me out; I'm not sure it can be run solo successfully.

I've already made the playing cards (using  https://www.makeplayingcards.com/).  The box of them is still sitting in my office.  The t-shirts were going to be made on-demand, so nothing yet.  The logo of the event is in the first post.  Note that I didn't pay a licensing fee to Groundspeak, so I can't use their logo on anything I'm selling.  The paper playing cards are being given away free, so I got the OK to use the geocaching.com logo on them.

I had thought to make the event geocoin look kinda like one of the cards (attached), and using Kickstarter for the geocoin, so I'd be sure to get at least 30 orders before actually making them.  If you're interested in mocking up a t-shirt or coin design, I'd love to see them.  I'm sticking with that maroon-ish color as the main color, but am open to any other ideas.

coin design 2.jpg