Garmin Oregon 600 view logs on device

I've managed to go on holiday without a USB cable, and I can't seem to find one for sale anywhere nearby.

Is there any way I can view my found cache logs directly on the Garmin Oregon 600, as stored in the geocache_visits.txt file? I can see the list of caches I've found, but there doesn't seem to be any way to see the actual logs I wrote.

12 minutes ago, Mineral2 said:

Go to the Calendar, select the day you've been caching. It'll list the GC codes of the caches logged as well as the log type. Tap the GC code if you want to see any notes you made. 

I'm glad you checked that!  I tried it on my 700 and I see no comments, just the cache GC code.  My 600 died, so I couldn't see if logs could in fact be viewed on that device.  I wish that feature existed in the 700.

Edited by kunarion
1 hour ago, Mineral2 said:

Tap the GC code if you want to see any notes you made. 

1 hour ago, kunarion said:

I'm glad you checked that!  I tried it on my 700 and I see no comments, just the cache GC code.  My 600 died, so I couldn't see if logs could in fact be viewed on that device.  I wish that feature existed in the 700.

I may have spoken too soon. Apparently it doesn't bring up your notes, but takes you to the cache listing/description.
On the initial calendar, it will tell you how many geocaches found out of how many attempted (found + DNF). Touching that brings a list of GC codes with the smiley or frown according to the type of find. That's as good as you'll get.

Unless there's a dire need to log your caches right away (dropping off a trackable), I'd personally wait until I got home to log my finds.

Really, no one has a Mini-USB cable available? I must have 50 of them piled up in a drawer of my desk, and another 20+ in various area of the house! Such a common cable.... 8^)

As other have stated, just wait until such time you can get a cable or get home to log them..... You can see your logging history in the Calendar app also.