Wherigo quit working though geocaching.com app.

2wheels4cache

I used to be able to load wherigos on my phone via the geocaching app.   I would click to download and it would download to the Android program WhereYouGo.  About a month ago, that quit working.   I was in another city, clicked to download, and got the message that the download failed.   i tried going though the Wherigo web site with the same results.  That has continued to be the results for any Wherigo.   I uninstalled the WhereYouGo program, reinstalled it, and get the same results.  

I asked at a geocache event, and got the information to use Geooh program on my phone.  Loaded that app, which costs money.   It has a heading for wherigos, but no instructions.  Not being computer nor phone literate, I cannot figure it out.

Any ideas?  Or how to fix it? 

It's quite easy. From the cache description click on the cartridge download link provided by the owner. Geooh will ask to allow download... when downloaded the app will then ask if you want to open the app's built-inwherigo player Wherigo. From there press the load button to run any cartridges you've downloaded.

You can also email support@geooh.com which is better than asking questions here.

1 hour ago, 2wheels4cache said:

Have tried as SpiritGuide suggested, and still get message Downloading Error.    Learned how to log via the computer via download to Pocket PC (the computer), then copying to WhereYougo program.   Just have to know ahead where I am going and what caches I will encounter.

No, you are using WhereYouGo for the downloads without realizing it. See the new topic in this forum for a better explanation. If you think it's failing, attach a screenshot that shows it's coming from Geooh and not WhereYouGo... they each have different colors and Geooh uses more modern message dialogs. 

Edited by SpiritGuide