Release Notes (Website: Date placed filter) - February 13, 2020

Release Notes (Website: Date placed filter) - February 13, 2020

With today’s release, we are adding a new Premium filter option on the Home Page Search Filters and the Search Map Filters

Premium members can now filter for geocaches based on the date they were placed including:

• Specific date that a geocache was placed
  • Geocaches placed after a specific date
  • Geocaches placed before a specific date
  • Geocaches placed between a range of dates
  • Dates in the future

Updated filter panel for Premium members:

17C66937-4DEF-4270-9E7B-7CCA1378D8AA.png

Andy (Whitecar), Senior Product Manager, is watching this thread to answer questions whenever possible.

Any posts in this thread should relate to features in this release. Comments unrelated to the release may be removed. Please direct unrelated comments to other appropriate threads. Thanks!

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 4
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

That's cool! 

Yeah, this could be a useful feature. It saves having to set up a PQ to do date searches.

It seems like the filter screen is getting a bit bloated. It might be time to look at using collapsing sections so the overall form's size is reduced and individual sections can be expanded as-needed. HQ should have data on the usage of each filter, so the form could be sorted to have the most-used filters at the top, with lesser-used filters lower down and collapsed.

• Upvote 5
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 1

I tried it several times, but the filter-"Reset" button clears/resets everything, but not the selected date-filter! The date-filter doesn't return to "Any date".

When selecting 1/Jan/2020 till 12/Feb/2020 and hitting the "Done" button and then returning to your filter, the first date jumped to 31/Dec/2019 ( so not the selected date ).

Edited by LinkaLovers
  • Helpful 1
11 hours ago, LinkaLovers said:

I tried it several times, but the filter-"Reset" button clears/resets everything, but not the selected date-filter! The date-filter doesn't return to "Any date".

When selecting 1/Jan/2020 till 12/Feb/2020 and hitting the "Done" button and then returning to your filter, the first date jumped to 31/Dec/2019 ( so not the selected date ).

Seems to be fixed already

12 hours ago, The A-Team said:

Yeah, this could be a useful feature. It saves having to set up a PQ to do date searches.

As I'm currently in the process of trying fulfill the jasmer challenge and find as many older geocaches as I can I completely agree with The A-team that this is a great feature.

I was also using several PQs to search for older geocaches which sometimes caused me not to notice that e.g. a 2003 and a 2004 cache are near to each other.

12 hours ago, The A-Team said:

It seems like the filter screen is getting a bit bloated.

Vertically it no longer fits on the screen but it looks like a 3rd column to the left or right might be a solution that would still fit on the screen.

I don't really care but it seems that the translation still needs to happen for the new fields?

On 2/14/2020 at 11:07 PM, R&BSerras said:

Almost good! It could have an option to choose day of the month over a period of years. For example: 14/02 from 2000 to 2020. This would help anyone who intends to complete the matrix found by hidden date.

Exactly. The first thing to came to my mind too.

Also would help to find "birthday caches" .

1 minute ago, Isonzo Karst said:

any chance of altering the month to month to month endless clicking to change year?

Month should be a dropdown and year a +/-.

The interface is kind of clunky. The elements don't seem sized consistently (Firefox Dev 74); the Year entry is a text box which auto-highlights the whole thing but you can still eek in a text edit to type a year and it works; the Month didn't autopopulate at one point for some reason; arrow key presses are intercepted for calendar date navigation (only an issue when attempting to move in the year entry box)...

But yes you should be able to change the month and year without clicking month to month.