Map rotation isn't working in landscape on iPad.

frso80

Kudos on the update bringing the Geocaching-app to iPad, great work!

Sadly when I'm using the iPad in landscape mode and turn on tracking mode with the option that my direction of travel should be up, the map turns and my direction of travel is to the left instead of up.

If I use the iPad in portrait mode it works.

I know that many geocaching apps on the iPad have had this issue and I've reported it to a few developers and they have fixed it. l hope that you will be able to fix this bug as well.

Kind regards
Fredrik

On 4/26/2020 at 6:03 AM, frso80 said:

Isn't this the right place to report bugs? :huh:

Yes and no. The forums are a good way to discuss an issue and see if other cachers are experiencing the same thing or have work-arounds, but for the most direct way to report a problem, you should go through the Help Center: https://www.geocaching.com/help. Just expand the "Contact Us" section at the bottom and fill out the form, making sure to select "18. Bug reporting" in the "What can we help you with?" section. This is the quickest way to get an issue reported and into the hands of those who can help you most quickly.

On 4/27/2020 at 7:26 PM, Moun10Bike said:

Yes and no. The forums are a good way to discuss an issue and see if other cachers are experiencing the same thing or have work-arounds, but for the most direct way to report a problem, you should go through the Help Center: https://www.geocaching.com/help. Just expand the "Contact Us" section at the bottom and fill out the form, making sure to select "18. Bug reporting" in the "What can we help you with?" section. This is the quickest way to get an issue reported and into the hands of those who can help you most quickly.

Thank you.

Kind regards
Fredrik