"Unable to post log" error

The A-Team

I recently encountered this error in version 1.2.6 of the iPhone app. On February 1st, I made my way through an Adventure with no apparent issues, but then got this error when I tried to submit my completion log. I hit "Try again", but I got the same error again and the app then backed out to the main screen for the Adventure. It said I had completed the Adventure, but I didn't show in the activity. The next day, I realized that I was one find short of what I'd expect, and the app was now showing that I had only completed 4 of the 5 labs. It didn't register that I had found the 2nd lab, even though this was a sequential Adventure and completing the 2nd one was mandatory to get to the last three. I tried the offered option to "Resume", but completing the 2nd lab and entering the completion log just gave me the same "Unable to post log" error and nothing changed. I thought that maybe if I deleted the four finds that registered, I could start over and hopefully it would work this time. I deleted those finds, but the app still says that I've completed 4 of 5 and I'm now stuck in a state where I can't log any of the labs in this Adventure.

It turns out that I'm not alone. In our local Facebook group, there are 5 other cachers that encountered similar issues on multiple Adventures in our area. This has happened both on iPhones and Androids.

I've sent in a support ticket to HQ and am now waiting to hear back. Has anyone else encountered this? At least in my area, this problem seems to be fairly widespread.

Lab_Error.png

In the past 5 days I have attempted to complete 2 separate Adventure Cache 'series'. Both acted in the same way that has been identified above by the A-Team. The second location of each 'Series' advised at the time that it was completed and to proceed on to the next location. But sometime in the next several hours the second location of each 'series' was deleted from my Stats. Also at the end of each 'series' I was asked to rate the Adventure Cache and provide comments which after entering them I was unable to POST the entry. It should be noted that in both Adventure Cache 'series' I was allowed to pickup the Bonus Cache coordinates upon supposedly completion. Note: I use the iPhone 6 plus for geocaching.  MES77

Edited by MES77
Correct cel Model

Today I borrowed an iPhone Xs from my Son who runs a Telephone Store here in Victoria, BC. It has a newer version of iPhone software version installed (13.3.1).  I found that almost immediately when I arrived on site of the missing Adventure Lab it registered on the iPhone Xs and asked for the answer to the on-site question be answered. I did that and the site was recognized as complete and it asked me to rate the Adventure Cache and add my comments. My submission was accepted and the cache count went up by one accordingly. Back at the Telephone Store we discussed this. The information I received from the experts is that my Model of iPhone 6 plus running Software version 12.4.5 is no longer being updated by Apple because of the phones age. It seems the solution to my problem is to buy a newer iPhone which can run the newer software if I wish to complete Adventure Caches of 5 or more sites.

Edited by MES77
Correct formatted paragraph.