Adventure Labs too anonymous

lee737

Honestly, I think that one who wants to cheat, does it anyway. But those are just betraying themselves, imo.

I really do like Labs, they are a lot of fun and lead to interesting locations. And I also like to visit those places and learn some stuff about them.

But for sure it would be much nicer to find them on the regular map, cause otherwise they might be overseen.

16 hours ago, lee737 said:

This might help discourage armchair logging, in that the community will see who is gaming the system. 

Some armchair loggers are beyond the point where they care what others think ;) . But I agree, that the anonymity of ALC logs doesn't help here. With public logs, one could at least see who's cheating and I guess that would discourage at least some armchair logs. Honestly, I don't understand why clicking on the "Lab Cache" item in a cacher's find summary doesn't display a list of labs that cacher has found (like it's done for every other cache type). Cannot be that hard to implement...

1 hour ago, thebruce0 said:

Part of the fun of geocaching is reading others' experiences. (even if it's skipping the "TFTC" logs)

Fully agree on that one. But this has much improved since the "Activity log" has been introduced for ALCs. But it would be nice if one could access it directly via the website.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, baer2006 said:

Honestly, I don't understand why clicking on the "Lab Cache" item in a cacher's find summary doesn't display a list of labs that cacher has found (like it's done for every other cache type). Cannot be that hard to implement...

Project GC's milestones page always shows the last cache you've found - it will show the name of the lab cache if that is the last. If they can show it, then geocaching.com should have no problem.

14 hours ago, baer2006 said:

Honestly, I don't understand why clicking on the "Lab Cache" item in a cacher's find summary doesn't display a list of labs that cacher has found (like it's done for every other cache type). Cannot be that hard to implement...

It does ... click on Lab Caches and it takes you to your activity list on the Adventure Lab website ... https://labs.geocaching.com/logs

Edited by Opa Shrek
  • Upvote 1

My question seemed to fit with the topic of this thread: "Adventure Labs Too Anonymous".

Do I understand correctly that AL owners cannot see who has answered each question? How anonymous is it? If you don't leave a rating/comment, will the CO know that you completed the lab? I ask because of this:

Note: Any logged finds that did not complete the adventure lab will be deleted.  

Edited by Max and 99

As far as I know: no. Only cachers who rate/comment are visible.

Second: deleting an online log is only allowed when:

* The log book has not been signed.

* When challenge cache conditions are not achieved, even if the log book is signed.

* When earth/virtual cache conditions are not achieved.

So deleting a log for any other reason (including not completing an ALC) is illegal in my opinion and should be reported to a local reviewer.

• Helpful 1