Can anyone give my travelbug a ride north?

origamichick

I hope that I'm not out of line by posting this! If this is inappropiate travel bug etiquette, I apologize!

My travel bug, Terry the Lime Green Terrapin is trying to make his way up to Tallahassee, FL, by May 15th. He's been waiting for someone to pick him up from the Triple Play Cache since March 1st.

There's less than a month until I start my "leg of the race", and I'm hoping that someone could maybe give Terry a ride northways! It would be very much appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance for any help you can give! And, thanks very much to those who have moved Terry so far! -origamichick

Since I was the last one that moved your travel bug, I better go get him. He's in a tough cache right now, which from the looks of it, doesn't get very many visitors. Wish I had hung onto him and brought him back home with me. I live only a few hours from Tallahassee.

Keep an eye on him. He might be moving soon.

Wow, thank you very much! I hope it's not out of your way. If it is, it's really no problem leaving it there for someone else! icon_smile.gif I'm going to enjoy the vacation in Tallahassee, regardless... especially since it's only 30 degrees right now here! Thank you so much for moving my travel bug in the first place! icon_biggrin.gif

No problem. It's a long drive but I'm going to be doing some hiking this weekend in that area anyways. If all goes according to plan, I should have your travel bug up in the Ocala National Forest area by April 26th or 27th.

Thanks Federation for offering to help out. I'll let you know which cache I end up picking for the travel bug. Sure you don't want me to pick Fl. Wolf's

Wolf's Where the Wild Things Go cache. Could be a nice warm up for the your extreme geocaching event. icon_biggrin.gif

sounds good boonieman, I just got a new hydration pack I need to try out anyhow. I will try to get an email out about the extreme weekend looks like everything is on for memorial day weekend.

hi orgamichick how close to Tallahasse do you need me to get for you to get cache. is white springs area okay or do you need closer?

the federation

boldly going where others have gone before

hi origamichick the federation now has your terrapin in our possesion. I guess the next question is when will you be in the area so I can get him to a cache or some spot where you will be sure to get him. one suggestion is we are having a gathering of geocachers at oleno state park on the 17th of may if that will work for you let me know.

the federation

Thank you so much for picking up my travel bug! I really do appreciate the help! icon_smile.gif The get together sounds fun, but unfortunately that's the day I have to start my trek back north.

Wherever is good for you, is good for me. I'm not too familiar with the area, but it's close to Smiley Cache. Anthing would be good, though, as I'm looking to move down there, and would love to do some exploring.

Thank you so much again! If you have any bugs or other traveling items that need a ride up to New England, I can give them a lift for you!

hi oragamichick so when will you be arriving in the area. my concern is that I get your bug to a cache to soon and some one picks it up before you get there. I am sorry to report this but the terrapin looks quite forlorn sitting here next to my computer.

the federation

Hi again! I'm getting there weekend after next (holy cow, 8 days!). That would be pretty ironic if it got taken from a cache right before I could pick it up. icon_smile.gif I'll change the bug's page to ask that it stays in whatever cache 'till two weeks from now, to be on the safe side. If you leave it in a cache, I can post a note there to the same effect.

Wow, thank you again for all of your help (you too, theboonieman)! I hope you didn't go too far out of your way on my account. icon_smile.gif I really do appreciate it.