Trackable Art!

GoodGoblin

Those are really neat! I did something very similar with several of my travel bugs. I posted pictures somewhere in these forums before; but I don't remember where - or how long ago. So here's a few of mine. And yes, the concern is real. People do steal/keep them. Many of mine have gone missing/are not in the location their logs say they are supposed to be. One was picked up by a newbie who was so excited to find it, and even mentioned that they would take it somewhere else to drop it off. Weeks, months and years went by with my travel bug still in their inventory. I guess they left the game - because their profile shows they haven't logged on in years. But I always hold out hope, because I myself have found travel bugs belonging to others that have been roaming around without being properly logged online for years, and suddenly turned up, alive and well. It's always a joy to be able to re-discover one and message the owner that their long-lost bug is found.

humu.jpg

grinchTB.jpg

Lorax.jpg

1 hour ago, CascadeHandmade said:

Those are really neat! I did something very similar with several of my travel bugs. I posted pictures somewhere in these forums before; but I don't remember where - or how long ago. So here's a few of mine. And yes, the concern is real. People do steal/keep them. Many of mine have gone missing/are not in the location their logs say they are supposed to be. One was picked up by a newbie who was so excited to find it, and even mentioned that they would take it somewhere else to drop it off. Weeks, months and years went by with my travel bug still in their inventory. I guess they left the game - because their profile shows they haven't logged on in years. But I always hold out hope, because I myself have found travel bugs belonging to others that have been roaming around without being properly logged online for years, and suddenly turned up, alive and well. It's always a joy to be able to re-discover one and message the owner that their long-lost bug is found.

humu.jpg

grinchTB.jpg

Lorax.jpg

I love those!!!!! Ive new to geocaching and before this I was painting rocks and hiding them. I kind of figured people will try to keep them but I always hope that they keep traveling. What do you seal them with?

On 2/5/2020 at 1:09 PM, GoodGoblin said:

Okay Ive been doing this thing where I paint a little picture and add it to a trackable.

People may end up keeping them but I would like to hope that they stay with the trackable on its journey.   What do you think?

Unique and fun, but I feel you may be correct.  :)

We see it often depends on what kids think.   Mom n Dad  unable to tell their precious little princess, "No. You can't have that...".

A lotta plush characters lost in the bottom of toy boxes, removed because the wittle darling "just had to have it".

Curious,  looks like luggage tags, did you put all together in a baggie ?   I feel "staying" together is a key to keeping them a set.