Uncategorized Waymarks - time to go?

Max and 99

I personally think it's time to let them go. How many UCWM are categorized each year by someone other than the person who submitted them? There are some with no photos, no coordinates, so what is anyone going to do with that?  Are they worth keeping around?

I stopped using them when mine was declined, and someone took all the work that I did, re-submitted it, and it was approved. I immediately contacted the reviewer, who told me that they didn't want to deal with the person who submitted it. Wonderful. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Just something I think worth discussing. I'd like to see them gone.

7 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I noticed today a category that doesn't accept photos taken by someone other than the poster. I thought that generally speaking, if the Uncategorized waymarks feature is used, the photos taken by someone else would be accepted, but apparently not.

really, how would they know that I asked my brother-mother-old schoool mate- old work buddy to take the picture and email it to me?

• Upvote 1