Finds on 02 02 2020

sloth96

Got a notification thru the App for the 02022020 souvenir, it seemed like a good idea to send our the notification, only problem was it was received on the 03 feb 2020, a bit late to do anything about it. I know what the problem is- it may have been sent out on 02 Feb local time by Groundspeak, but there are other places on the planet who are in different timezones that are ahead of Groundspeak time.....

4 hours ago, McCutchan Cache Clan said:

Got a notification thru the App for the 02022020 souvenir, it seemed like a good idea to send our the notification, only problem was it was received on the 03 feb 2020, a bit late to do anything about it. I know what the problem is- it may have been sent out on 02 Feb local time by Groundspeak, but there are other places on the planet who are in different timezones that are ahead of Groundspeak time.....

I first heard about it on January 28 thru the Newsletter email. Are you signed up for that notification? I get it Tuesday mornings. 

On 2/6/2020 at 10:12 AM, RuideAlmeida said:

The Souvenir was announced by the Newsletter at least on December 10th 2019 and January 28th... and also on the official blog.

I understand that it was, but sending a notification AFTER the fact is really pointless, and just to show the same thing has happened for the Feb 29th, received the notification on the 1st March.