search parameters

P&G Mo

I have loaded geocaches in my Garmin 64s but when I try to access them it says no results found try adjusting search parameters. How do I do that? When I connect the unit to the computer it shows the geocaches that I have loaded but I cant access them. Please help.

Sometimes with Garmin units, they simply don't show caches that are more than X miles away. I no longer recall that limit. But IF the caches are more than 60 miles (?) from your location, that could be your problem - especially since you say that gpx folder does appear when the unit is connected to the computer. 

4 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

Sometimes with Garmin units, they simply don't show caches that are more than X miles away. I no longer recall that limit. But IF the caches are more than 60 miles (?) from your location, that could be your problem - especially since you say that gpx folder does appear when the unit is connected to the computer. 

If I recall, the default is to display caches sorted by distance from your current location, and it won't show caches that are further away than a minimum distance.  One can change the display to "sort by name" to view a list.   The other way is to navigate on the screen to the location where the uploaded caches are located.  For example,  if one lives in New York City, and uploaded a bunch of caches in Washington DC, you can pan/zoom the map to Washington, DC and you *should* see the caches that were uploaded.  

• Upvote 2