travel bug has no name

cash king

11 minutes ago, cash king said:

When I activated my new travel bug I did not get a chance to name it or give it a goal. I have not placed it yet as I would like to know how to edit it so I can give a name and goal. I can not figure how to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You

Cash King 

When you go to the travel bugs page at the top-right there's an edit button. You can change whatever you want on the travel bug page. Do you see how to find your travel bugs?

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 1

I go to edit and it let me upload an image.(which I did)  But when I edit the name and mission it accepts it but then asks to list a country. I highlight the United States it will not fill it into the blank and starts the process all over again. I have tried several times.

Cash King

• Surprised 1
7 minutes ago, cash king said:

I go to edit and it let me upload an image.(which I did)  But when I edit the name and mission it accepts it but then asks to list a country. I highlight the United States it will not fill it into the blank and starts the process all over again. I have tried several times.

Cash King

If this is in Internet Explorer or Edge, there's your problem.  For now, switch to a different company's browser when something on the site won't work.  Copy the current web address, place it into the address bar of Brave (for example, a different browser which you've previously set up and are logged into), and edit away. :)

• Helpful 1
17 minutes ago, cash king said:

Cash King

I wouldn't be surprised if you checked on the travel bug page...your description will be there already! Maybe. Hopefully. Someone here who tried to submit their new travel bug had the same problem in submitting it. So did I. It kept going back and we had to start the process all over again. But come to find out, it was already submitted and ready to hide! Good luck!  Also try a different server? Maybe google chrome? 

On 2/1/2020 at 12:04 PM, HunterandSamuel said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you checked on the travel bug page...your description will be there already! Maybe. Hopefully. Someone here who tried to submit their new travel bug had the same problem in submitting it. So did I. It kept going back and we had to start the process all over again. But come to find out, it was already submitted and ready to hide! Good luck!  Also try a different server? Maybe google chrome? 

I use Firefox, and it has a glitch like this. It will change the page and then the clock just keeps running. I just close the window and go back through my owned trackables, click on the TB, and find the changes have been made.

Seeker_Knight

6 minutes ago, Seeker_Knight said:

I use Firefox, and it has a glitch like this. It will change the page and then the clock just keeps running. I just close the window and go back through my owned trackables, click on the TB, and find the changes have been made.

Seeker_Knight

Due to site issues, I'm using a Firefox port for edits, with similar results.  I can upload a typical small photo to a log, the loader just spins forever, and when I give up and go back to the log, the image was uploaded.

• Helpful 1
1 minute ago, kunarion said:

Due to site issues, I'm using a Firefox port for edits, with similar results.  I can upload a typical small photo to a log, the loader just spins forever, and when I give up and go back to the log, the image was uploaded.

The sad part in all of this, is that it is caused by the people who develop the browsers. It can be part of a strategy to garner greater market share, or trying to plug a hole in their code that allows a security risk. They constantly do battle with each other, and the end user winds up in the middle.

Seeker_Knight