Louisiana Geocachers' Fall Campout 2003

ClayJar

Thanks guys but just no can do. Glad you remember the PBR. I would not have shown up without it. icon_wink.gif One of the problems IS transportation. Just tip one or a few for me.

JZ - so you mean since I am not showing up, all of sudden you don't have a scheduling conflict?? Interesting... I can take a hint.

Place 'em if you got 'em.

Thanks guys but just no can do. Glad you remember the PBR. I would not have shown up without it. icon_wink.gif One of the problems IS transportation. Just tip one or a few for me.

JZ - so you mean since I am not showing up, all of sudden you don't have a scheduling conflict?? Interesting... I can take a hint.

Place 'em if you got 'em.

Well Frankly Im gonna miss the PBR, the Jokes about paddlin the missisippi river, the face down ground huggin, and most of all I was hopin to have Peepee debark a few logs for the fire..

Seriously Phil, It Sucks your not comming..

It wont be the same without ya padna.

I'll be there Friday night with a crew, and The Piggie.. Hope everyone brings an appatite..

Doug

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

I'm leaving the Big Easy bright and early Saturday morning. Hope to be at the campsite before noon, but I guess that depends on how well I do searching for a few geocaches along the way. icon_wink.gif

I'll be bringing a crew of my own - girlfriend and her two kids (Ashley couldn't make it this time icon_frown.gif ). I'm also bringing my canoe. I hope to place a hydro-cache while we're there. I read somewhere on the 'net that the lake was lowered 8 feet to kill off vegetation. Any reports on lake conditions?

Oh well... I'm looking forward to seeing the old faces as well as the new. Should be fun! icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by rpecot:

I'll be bringing a crew of my own - girlfriend and her two kids (Ashley couldn't make it this time icon_frown.gif ). I'm also bringing my canoe. I hope to place a hydro-cache while we're there. I read somewhere on the 'net that the lake was lowered 8 feet to kill off vegetation. Any reports on lake conditions?

I called about a week ago (318-487-5058). According to the guy on the phone, the lake is drawn down a bit, but still open. He didn't say anything about the boat ramp being closed or anything like that. I'm dragging my boat along anyway. icon_smile.gif

I'll be heading out earlyish today and dragging the stuff along to make a small (2 gallons or so) cajun gumbo for tonight. I walked outside at about 6:30 am this morning and suddenly realized that this is indeed decent gumbo weather. Hope to see everybody there!

alex