Waymarking app for iOS - Testers Needed!

MrCachly

3 minutes ago, MrCachly said:

I am working on a Waymarking app for iOS and would love to have active Waymarking users as beta testers.

Anyone interested? If you are feel free to email me nic@zedsaid.com. Thanks!

My husband uses ios so I'll volunteer him! We are not tech savvy, but are willing to give it a try. I'll message you.

• Helpful 1
7 hours ago, MrCachly said:

I am working on a Waymarking app for iOS and would love to have active Waymarking users as beta testers.

Excellent idea, i am OK to make test, my email address is on my profile

I have an Iphone X

On 1/29/2020 at 6:26 PM, MrCachly said:

Am I too late to join in the beta testing? I just heard about this and would love to be a part of it!

6 hours ago, terratin said:

Is there an update to this? Lockdown (depending on country) would be a good opportunity to waymark, instead of handle soggy logging sheets :P

I have not had much time to work on this, but I hope to be able to release a beta this summer.

11 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I was not able to find the discussion on the cashly forum, where the link brought me from the app. I can't figure out how to refresh once I search a category and pan the map. 

Please send feedback and questions to support@waymarkly.com and email if you want to be part of the beta Slack channel. Thanks!

There seem to be some problems when logging a waymark. The log itself is saved (and visible on the waymark visitors list), but there is no notification of the visit sent to the waymark owner and the timestamp and count of the last visit is also not changed. Not being notified is ok (at least for me), but the visit count should be accurate.

As an example see WM13XF9, which is shown as never visited, but in the list of visits vou can see one from yesterday. Additional information below the log image indicated, that the software used was Waymarkly. So I think there is something not quite working as expected in the app.

Edit on July 5th: There was a notification sent, but not to the primary mail-address as defined in our profile. I found the notifications when I checked the according mail account today.

Yours

Erik.

Waymarkly-1.jpg

Waymarkly-2.jpg

Edited by FamilieFrohne
More informations to the misbehaviour
On 7/3/2021 at 7:41 AM, FamilieFrohne said:

There was a notification sent, but not to the primary mail-address as defined in our profile. I found the notifications when I checked the according mail account

I had another user report this. So the notification email is being send to another email address of yours?

On 7/28/2021 at 9:28 AM, FamilieFrohne said:

Yes. I have a few valid email adresses I use for notifications on new caches (one for workzone, one for the homezone and the primary for messages from users). The address, where the logs were sent to was the account in the work zone (but which will show me the messages only when I am working).

And these for various emails are somewhere on Waymarking.com?

Hello MrCachly,

First of all thanks for the app, I bought it as soon as Groundspeak sent newsletter about it, it's a very nice app that was really needed.

second, I don't know if it's the right place to add suggestions or remarks but I did not find other thread.

Well, the thing is I sometime log my (very) old visits at some Waymarks, but scrolling to the right date is very painful when the visit was years ago (even months ago) would it be possible to change how it is done on the phone ?

On screenshot you will see that you need to scroll day to day, of course you can scroll fast but it's still very imprecise. Could it be something like choose day then month then year ?

Cecticide

312330CA-6966-4425-B5B8-E820BFEA4E68.png

2 hours ago, Cecticide said:

On screenshot you will see that you need to scroll day to day, of course you can scroll fast but it's still very imprecise. Could it be something like choose day then month then year ?

Currently we are using the standard iOS controls for choosing the date, but we might consider a different way. Feel free to email support@waymarkly.com with any questions.

• Love 1