geocaching .com

kaz56

49 minutes ago, kaz56 said:

When i go onto the geocaching .com site GC12Ry4 in memory of willie loggitt always comes up as soon as it opens and i found it on the 14 th Nov 19.never thought of a draft not sure why i would do that but will check.

You can select any web address as a “Favorite”.  Is it possible that the cache page is saved as a Favorite named “geocaching.com”?  You can change that.

Edited by kunarion
6 hours ago, kaz56 said:

When i go onto the geocaching .com site GC12Ry4 in memory of willie loggitt always comes up as soon as it opens and i found it on the 14 th Nov 19.never thought of a draft not sure why i would do that but will check.

So, if you type in your browser geocaching.com, it doesn't come up to the login screen?  I stay logged in, and it comes up to the geocaching.com/play/search page with my profile showing.  Your geocaching.com goes to a specific cache page?  Perhaps kunarion has figured it out - you've set the bookmark in your browser to that one specific cache?

Think kunarion could be right, but as i am techno challenged i will look again, yes i stay logged in.

I looked on favorites and this cache is a deeper blue than all the others, so i need advice from someone lol.

When i go in the cache page comes up but not play/search etc i have to go onto my profile to search etc, and on this page its always at the top of the list of caches viewed

thanks for all the advice.

• Upvote 1

When I returned to the game my geocaching.com map page defaulted to the caches nearest my listed home coordinates. All filters were off, which means that the list was always the same because the map link lead to the same setup. Try this:

Open your geocaching.com map link.

Delete the geocaching.com map link from your browser

Pan and zoom to a reasonable area that represents your desired geocaching geography

Adjust the filters to show the caches you are interested in ( for instance I turn all cache types off but traditional, I haven't found, and that are enabled)

Press search

Save as a gepocaching.com map bookmark in your browser

That is the setup which will be presented each time you open that link.