Adventure lab waypoint text

PnavE_81

I like to have my geocache db complete. For "normal" geocaches there are plenty of ways to get all the data, but for adventures it is a bit messy.

Until today I created a gpx file manually with all the data I needed.

Some of the data can be copied from: https://labs.geocaching.com/logs

But you only get the main adventure text there, not the waypoint specific text. Until now I just manually copied those texts from the app letter by letter to my gpx file.

For this you go to the app -> locations  and then "view details" for each location.

It is a really annoying way to do, but as far as I know there is no other way.

Today however I did the project-gc adventure, and there the waypoints overlap in the app. I can't select "view details" for all the 5 wp's.

Is there a better way to view the waypoint text?

Unfortunately, klicking on the 3 bullet points only gives you the other waypoints if you are permitted to visit the waypoints in any order.

Many ALs require you to proceed in a specific order and only show you the intended upcoming waypoint, and you can't view any remaining waypoints until you complete the previous one.

I don't know if this is an oversight or a "feature."

I, too, would like to be able to read the listings beforehand, and I find the sequential ones frustrating for withholding such information.

Then again, I have to remind myself that these are "experimental" and have to give slack while ALs develop.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:44 PM, PnavE_81 said:

Until now I just manually copied those texts from the app letter by letter to my gpx file

Whilst playing the AdLab You may double click the LabCaches' description and copy it over to a file (eg "Notes" or similar). Back on the PC copy it back to your database.

Hans