Geocaching on TN Crossroads

Cheval

JoGPS, A182Pilot, robertlipe, and Sis of Nashville, TN, will be on Tennessee Crossroads this month explaining geocaching. All 4 of these Geocachers are well respected members of the Middle Tennessee Geocachers Club. And all 4 are intimately involved in geocaching from finding to placement (including talking to park officials) to writing software to assist the masses.

You can catch the show on National Public Television (Channel 8 in Nashville) on Thursday, October 23 at 7 PM (CDT) or on Sunday, October 26 at 10 AM (CST).

Be sure to tune in to watch our best.

Cheval

Member of Geocaching.com and the Middle Tennessee Geocachers club (www.mtgc.org)

Directly from TN CRossroads Program Guide:

Episode #1717

Air Dates: October 23 & 26, 2003

Geocaching

Thousands of Tennesseans, all around the state, are participating in a new sport. As Rob Wilds found out, they use a GPS device to hunt for high-tech treasure.

It's always fun explaining caching to someone that's interested. In this case, there just happened be a couple of dudes holding cameras behind them. It really wasn't too nervewracking.

A182Pilot and I weren't pretty enough for the face-to-face interviews: Sis and that JoGPS dude were the cachers that got that honor. Geralyn, the park admin that's done so much to promote geocaching locally, shared top billings with those two.

I just finished watching Tennessee Crossroads. Great job Jogps, Sis, Robertlipe, and a182pilot. That was Tooooooo Coooooooooool!

I'll be curious to see how many new geocachers start playing the game as a result of seeing that show.

Sorry I missed the watching party at Applebee's, I found out about it too late.

This is so much fun!

It was a wounderful show, and the way the MTGC.org local geocaching group has advanced cacheing in the area shows here. I had met Joegps at an event meeting out of state and knew what he looked like but is was swell to put faces to names of three other prominent cachers in the area that I have be reviewing caches for. All of you please keep up the good work and thanks for being responsible and caring cachers.

TG

I watched it too. Great job!

BTW: I recoreded it on my TiVo if anyone wants to see it that missed it. Let me know.

Been there... Done that...

I was driving back from an event cache and knew I would miss it. My mother was able to record it on VHS, but I have never got around to pulling it onto the computer. Would I be able to get a copy of it burned to CD, or pull it off an FTP site?

Thanks,

Edited by thestosh