Appeal to Groundspeak?

Korichnovui

Pardon for bringing this up, I feel like I've read about it on the forums before but not able to search it up.

A friend of mine that I got into caching recently visited another country and did a little caching. He did a popular virtual there (among others). The CO deleted his find. Now they're in a struggle where my friend keeps reposting the find and the CO keeps deleting it. I reviewed the situation and my friend appears to have done everything correctly. The CO appears to be quite unreasonable (I haven't contacted that person but saw their communications).

My friend would like to log the find. Does he have any recourse? Anyone have experience navigating this sort of thing?

9 hours ago, Korichnovui said:

Pardon for bringing this up, I feel like I've read about it on the forums before but not able to search it up.

A friend of mine that I got into caching recently visited another country and did a little caching. He did a popular virtual there (among others). The CO deleted his find. Now they're in a struggle where my friend keeps reposting the find and the CO keeps deleting it. I reviewed the situation and my friend appears to have done everything correctly. The CO appears to be quite unreasonable (I haven't contacted that person but saw their communications).

My friend would like to log the find. Does he have any recourse? Anyone have experience navigating this sort of thing?

Was it Ireland or Germany? LOL.

6 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Other than the weather and sleep deprivation not cooperating when I wanted to find Europes First, I haven't had any issues with geocaching in Ireland (or Germany).  

I think the comment had more to do with "greetings from..." ;) in combination with a possible fake log.

On 1/22/2020 at 4:34 AM, Korichnovui said:

He did a popular virtual there (among others). The CO deleted his find. Now they're in a struggle where my friend keeps reposting the find and the CO keeps deleting it.

Does he have proof, such as a photograph? Many victuals want this. Did he answer any questions and send them to the CO?

• Helpful 1