notification

tom k.

i used to get notifications of a new cache posted to my i-phone messages. I recently got a new carrier and my text number has changed. i am trying to list a new notification and when i go to (add and edit) there is no way to edit the phone number. i started a new notification and added the new text number when i added it to the new e-mail and send it out to get it verified i get the text message, but cannot get it to verify. When it opens up in the message I get Error 404: DNF any ideas or can't you get test messages anymore on a new posting?

8 hours ago, tom k. said:

i am trying to list a new notification and when i go to (add and edit) there is no way to edit the phone number.

I wasn't aware there was a way to have text notification sent for new caches - I only see email address listed, not phone number.  Unless you are talking about an email address that actually sends a text message, like:

Send SMS from E-Mail

Alltel: phonenumber@message.alltel.com.

AT&T: phonenumber@txt.att.net.

T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net.

Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com.

Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com.

Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com.

Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com.

US Cellular: phonenumber@mms.uscc.net.

If not this, then can you explain a bit more about where you are trying to change the phone number?

That’s exactly what I am trying to do with the sprint account and am changing my cell from ATT to Sprint in the manner you have shown, but when I try to set it up I have to verify it sends the message to my I-phone fine but get the error code as stated in my first post. Try it and see if you can get it to work.