Wee Folk Doors - Where are they hiding?

Max and 99

I was beyond thrilled to recently to find not one, but two fairy door locations in about a week. I think they are so adorable!!

I haven't been able to find anything online about locations where they have been spotted (except Waymarking). Where are some places they can be found? Do most of you just find them by chance? I'm thinking that's most likely the case, which makes it even more fun to come across one.

Surprisingly, I found one on a Little Free Library, so now I know to look  more carefully when I am visiting them! I discovered thru a news article that at first, the LFL had wee folk furniture and mirrors inside so the wee folk could also enjoy the reading material, but someone repeatedly vandalized the beautiful set up so now it's just a door outside, and little mirrors inside.

I noticed that one waymarker spotted a fairy door at a nursery, which is something I might investigate further.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:56 PM, Max and 99 said:

Where are some places they can be found?

Do most of you just find them by chance?

There's  one that's called the South mountain fairy trail in millburn NJ,   and  a bit longer one with a lot in Hunterdon Cty on the  Columbia trail, in High Bridge.

We found the first two on the Columbia trail by chance years ago, now they're an attraction.

We wanted to have a "Do you believe ?" series not far away from us, but testing showed that hunters were too clumsy with them.

Seems best to place in full view of everyone.  :)

18 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

Vulture,

I've been on the lookout for a wee folk door for you. Today I was visiting a new Little Free Library and saw a fairy garden at the tree, a few feet away. Wouldyoubelieve the fairy garden had everything BUT a door!

I went by Will Rogers park this morning. Got a picture of your Wee Folk Door for a visit, and found about 6 more. Took pictures of one for a waymark, then found the better one (close to yours) on the way back to the car. If you get back there, just north of yours getting back to the path next to the creek, check out under the evergreen bushes!

14 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

I went by Will Rogers park this morning. Got a picture of your Wee Folk Door for a visit, and found about 6 more. Took pictures of one for a waymark, then found the better one (close to yours) on the way back to the car. If you get back there, just north of yours getting back to the path next to the creek, check out under the evergreen bushes!

We'll go back. I took pics of about 15 of them. So many to find!