Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chipper3

How delete an Unpublished Cache

Somehow I have two caches with same name as Unpublished Caches.  Two separate GC numbers.   I want to submit one of these but do not want any confusion and would just like to get rid of the cache that is all wrong.  I just do not like seeing it show up under Unpublished Caches.

How to delete?

Chipper3

2 minutes ago, Chipper3 said:

How to delete?

Once the GCcode is created, you can't. But you can refurbish it with other coords, contents, etc. for any other cache of yours.

I got one archived, no notice or explanation. I'm guessing that I didn't repurpose it fast enough. 

@RuideAlmeida

Thank you for a great suggestion!  Yes, I do plan to add more caches so your advice to repurpose the GC number by deleting the info and adding back new information makes a lot of sense.  I was not thinking creatively enough.  =)

Alternately, on the face of the cache on the right side, is an Admin Tools pane.  In that box is an ARCHIVE log. That log will permanently retire the page.  It will always belong to you, but will effectively disappear.

If you decide to keep it, move the coords (including any stages/finals) out into the ocean.

20 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

If you decide to keep it, move the coords (including any stages/finals) out into the ocean.

I do that now! 

OK, so I am taking the suggestions and trying to repurpose a cache that was in conflict with an existing cache and put it in a different location.  I see how to edit everything in the supplementary waypoints like parking and trail head and even final location but I can't figure out how to change the main waypoint that is associated with the GC number.   

I have changed those waypoints after a cache was published to correct an error  by using the log method to make the correction but am not able to figure out how to change before submitting or resubmitting for review.   If I do not change before resubmitting then it will be in conflict again as it will not show the new location.

To be clear:

1. I have a draft cache with a GC number assigned that was rejected 
  2. I want to  repurpose the cache site and modify the directions but keep most of the "boiler plate."
  3. I can change all the waypoints and final location waypoint by editing
  4. How do I change the main waypoint that shows in the cache heading?

2 hours ago, Chipper3 said:

OK, so I am taking the suggestions and trying to repurpose a cache that was in conflict with an existing cache and put it in a different location.  I see how to edit everything in the supplementary waypoints like parking and trail head and even final location but I can't figure out how to change the main waypoint that is associated with the GC number.   

I have changed those waypoints after a cache was published to correct an error  by using the log method to make the correction but am not able to figure out how to change before submitting or resubmitting for review.   If I do not change before resubmitting then it will be in conflict again as it will not show the new location.

To be clear:

1. I have a draft cache with a GC number assigned that was rejected 
  2. I want to  repurpose the cache site and modify the directions but keep most of the "boiler plate."
  3. I can change all the waypoints and final location waypoint by editing
  4. How do I change the main waypoint that shows in the cache heading?

When you edit the cache page of an unpublished cache, there should be a box called Posted Coordinates just below the placement map (this may vary depending on the cache type).

image.png.788ae4ea5584d691268222b1468b4952.png

You can edit the contents of that box.

• Helpful 1

@barefootjeft-  Thank you for a concise and perfect answer. (I appreciate your straight forward answer without any snark factor !)

I found the edit spot and all is well!

Again my thanks!

Chipper3

10 hours ago, Chipper3 said:

@barefootjeft-  Thank you for a concise and perfect answer. (I appreciate your straight forward answer without any snark factor !)

I found the edit spot and all is well!

Again my thanks!

Chipper3

You're welcome. And just in case anyone thinks I've given away the location of an unpublished cache in my screenshot, that's actually from my unpublished Community Celebration event so you won't find any container with an empty log sitting there!

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Funny 1