Moving an "?" icon

Penny's pack

I own a mystery cache that was published in 2010.  The cache has "posted coordinates" (categorized as "virtual") and two waypoints (one is the location of a field puzzle (visible) and one is the final location of the physical container (hidden).  I would like to re-position the "?" icon (posted coordinates) that appears on the map in order to be part of a geoshape.  Again, the location of this icon is only virtual.  The seeker does not need to go to that location and no physical container is there.  The final location for the cache will not be changed.  Trying to edit the cache page informs me that the posted coordinates can only be changed by an update coordinates log on the cache page.  Unfortunately, trying to edit the coordinates there limits me to the 528 foot limit despite the fact that I am not moving the final (physical) container.  Is there something that I am doing wrong?  Should I move it in multiple logs?  Thanks for any guidance.

1 hour ago, Penny's pack said:

I own a mystery cache that was published in 2010.  The cache has "posted coordinates" (categorized as "virtual") and two waypoints (one is the location of a field puzzle (visible) and one is the final location of the physical container (hidden).  I would like to re-position the "?" icon (posted coordinates) that appears on the map in order to be part of a geoshape.  Again, the location of this icon is only virtual.  The seeker does not need to go to that location and no physical container is there.  The final location for the cache will not be changed.  Trying to edit the cache page informs me that the posted coordinates can only be changed by an update coordinates log on the cache page.  Unfortunately, trying to edit the coordinates there limits me to the 528 foot limit despite the fact that I am not moving the final (physical) container.  Is there something that I am doing wrong?  Should I move it in multiple logs?  Thanks for any guidance.

The easiest method to move that ? icon would be to send a message to your Reviewer asking them to do it. Depending on how far you want to move it, it may not be possible, as the ? has to be within a certain distance of the final (2 miles IIRC)

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Change them less than 528 feet. Rinse and repeat? My reviewer would remind me not to put the ? icon on top of something else.

Or ask the reviewer to do it for you. That's probably the best and easiest way to change the virtual coordinates.

The former method would just annoy me, as I'd have to click buttons to remove it from my screen of omnipotent oversight.

The latter method, I'd be happy to accommodate as a service request.  Especially in this case, for one of the most active hiders and responsible maintainers in my home area.  I will watch for an email.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 1