[Feature Request]: Turn Off Trackable Email Notifications

Touchstone

Related to the recent thread on the subject of bogus Discovery logs:

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/354381-falsely-discovering-tbscoins/

It would be helpful to be able to selectively turn off email notifications for one or all of the trackables in my collection.  Realizing that the long term solution might be quite some time in the future, I would cheerfully ignore this problem if I had the ability to stop the emails from filling up my inbox.

The current workaround of locking all my trackables is not ideal, and seems a bit unfair to the legitimate Users out there that are using the service as it was intended.

If this option is already available, I sure didn't see it in my account settings.

• Upvote 3
On 1/11/2020 at 9:37 AM, Touchstone said:

Related to the recent thread on the subject of bogus Discovery logs:

It would be helpful to be able to selectively turn off email notifications for one or all of the trackables in my collection.  Realizing that the long term solution might be quite some time in the future, I would cheerfully ignore this problem if I had the ability to stop the emails from filling up my inbox.

The current workaround of locking all my trackables is not ideal, and seems a bit unfair to the legitimate Users out there that are using the service as it was intended.

Curious, how would you know when you have helpful  information from someone if you're not paying attention to those notifications ?

Nice that you'd "allow" me to log it, but you'd lose out... 

I'll tell you the condition of your trackable,  if anything "other than" what you sent is attached,  whether it's in the correct cache,  or hand you the name of the creep who has it, bringing it to events in a huge box with thirty others, and I found it in with the bunch.