Bulk delete trackable "visit" logs.

Sagefox

Is there a way to bulk delete "took-it-to" logs on our owned trackable pages?   Over 600 visit logs by one cacher in one month is way over the top.  I request that people not visit our trackables and for the most part people don't do that but some don't read the page or don't care what it says. 

I tried using the search feature for this question but didn't get anywhere with that.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Thanks for the link to the GSAK macro.  

I've had okay luck with reaching out and asking cacher to DROP the trackable, very nicely, very polite, no time frame on that.

Physically they have your trackable, so it pays to be  polite about this.

You start deleting a bunch of their logs, in batches of 50 at time via the GSAK macro, you may end up with no visit logs and no trackable.

One of mine I simply marked missing.  I realized that it was in someone's inventory, never going to be dropped, and meant nothing to them. It was easier to mark missing and just let it go.

I doubt they even noticed.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
7 hours ago, Team Sagefox said:

Over 600 visit logs by one cacher in one month is way over the top. 

I request that people not visit our trackables and for the most part people don't do that but some don't read the page or don't care what it says

While others are concerned right now with a buncha Discover fakers lately, this "Visit" thing is what bugs me most.

This gave people who normally wouldn't Drop and Retrieve to every cache they've ever "found",  something way-too easy to do. 

Months or years later, maybe that trackable will finally make it into a cache.  If they even still have it by then...

Similar to Isonzo Karst, the other 2/3rds and everyone else we know who just deleted logs without notice never heard of that trackable again.

Coins don't skip along the pond like a piece of slate...

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, cerberus1 said:

While others are concerned right now with a buncha Discover fakers lately, this "Visit" thing is what bugs me most.

This gave people who normally wouldn't Drop and Retrieve to every cache they've ever "found",  something way-too easy to do. 

Months or years later, maybe that trackable will finally make it into a cache.  If they even still have it by then...

Similar to Isonzo Karst, the other 2/3rds and everyone else we know who just deleted logs without notice never heard of that trackable again.

Coins don't skip along the pond like a piece of slate...

Yes! Whether it's a single “Retrieved” log where the Taker “will drop this closer to the goal next July!” or a buh-zillion robotic filler “Visits”, the result tends to be the same... by the time you ask about it, the actual item was lost months ago, or it shall be discarded because you bothered the guy. <_<

Take my TB, but next place it into a container and log the drop (Hint: the cache you found it in is "big enough" for a TB).  It perhaps travels slowly, but it travels.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

You start deleting a bunch of their logs, in batches of 50 at time via the GSAK macro, you may end up with no visit logs and no trackable.

I'm only deleting visit logs and I do that periodically which is usually after the trackable has moved on to a new handler.  I haven't had a bogus discover log in years but with that Facebook page I imagine some of mine will get on the lists.

55 minutes ago, Team Sagefox said:

This will be helpful.  The last tb I cleaned up had 360 visit logs and that took over an hour.

Well...   it literally meant the last 50 logs and it can't go back any farther.  The only way it can do the hundreds of visits is when there are less than 50 logs subsequent to the visits.  I guess I have to keep a closer watch on these "silent" visit logs.

• Helpful 1