Puzzle cache

meluc3

My son and I recently placed a puzzle cache. It was published and of course, the coordinates were not at final location. After you solved the puzzle using coordinates, it will take you to final destination. We had a FTF this morning and now it has a blue icon right at the final location instead of the random first spot we chose. Why is this? Now everyone will click on in and it is right at the final destination. It is  is the "cache icon badge solved" icon and it is RIGHT AT final location. Is this supposed to happen? If so, we just need to archive because that icon is a giveaway to where it is truly located. We are fairly new to hiding so maybe we are missing something? We put a lot of thought into the creation, but it gives it away with that badge sitting right at final spot. Any input about this? 

LOL! Thanks :) I am going back and forth between his acct and mine. In his, owner, when you are on maps browsing at all caches in our area, you see only the ? at random spot he posted. However, in my account (mom and and supposing everyone else) view of all caches on map, you can no longer see the ? at random location and only the ? with "cache icon badge solved" at the final destination. In his account under edit, yes the "posted coordinates" are bogus, then there is something under it Waypoints where is has final location-he has marked to hide completely in last drop down but there is a red ! over the eye part. Wouldn't that prevent it from showing on app?

So your view does not show the puzzle solved icon at final? I just don't want everyone to have that view. So you think it is just my specific account since I tested the correct numbers in it yesterday? I wiped them out, but it still shows that there. But if others do not see what I am seeing, that's great.

5 hours ago, meluc3 said:

So your view does not show the puzzle solved icon at final? I just don't want everyone to have that view. 

Only those people who have solved the puzzle and entered the correct final coordinates will show the puzzle piece (puzzle solved) icon at the final coordinates.  Everyone else will show the Puzzle icon (question mark) at the posted (bogus) coordinates.

As Arisoft said, you must have tested the checker.  A successful check will automatically change only your page to the correct coordinates.   If you want to see the bogus coordinates again, click the pencil next to final coordinates and then click "restore."  You should then see the bogus coordinates everyone else sees.

• Upvote 1
On 1/10/2020 at 1:05 PM, meluc3 said:

So your view does not show the puzzle solved icon at final? I just don't want everyone to have that view. So you think it is just my specific account since I tested the correct numbers in it yesterday? I wiped them out, but it still shows that there. But if others do not see what I am seeing, that's great.

When I view the map, the blue question mark icon appears in a Highway 51 about 500 feet north of Highway 5 intersection.

After solving the puzzle, the solved puzzle icon is in a different location.

Edited by K13
8 minutes ago, Chipper3 said:

Well, I solved it but too bad I am too far away to check it out!..  Nothing changes on the GC page after I solve.  I think you are only seeing info because you are the cache owner.

God for you having some fellowship thru geocaching with your son!

Chipper3258791922_ScreenShot2020-01-17at9_17_45PM.png.a9be629c9f20e86048822c92f2d10a06.png

If you refresh the page after solving the puzzle, it shows the icon at the location of the final, instead of the bogus coordinates.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 1:48 PM, meluc3 said:

GC8HWDY Give it a shot. Let me know your view. Mine has the blue solved icon at final. Sorry to bother so much. We've never his a puzzle cache before!

when I go to that cache the only thing I see are the cords posted in the description, which maps to the median of a divided highway. I suspect when you use geocecker to check the "solved" coordinates, it posts correct results to your map view. I don't do puzzles, so Uncertain how geochecker actually works.