Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
funkymunkyzone

GPS Maze Exhibit - Seattle?

Hi everyone. General curiosity - does anyone know if there is any possibility that the GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit might make an appearance in Seattle for the big 20 year celebration?

Not to say that it might not make an appearance, I believe it did at one (or  more?) of the block parties.  But that's your search URL for maze

Here's a quote from an 2018 article on the Geocaching Blog:

Additionally, if you plan your icon run in Europe at the right time, you may end up with the chance to earn the GPS Adventure Exhibit icon since it occasionally travels to European Mega/Giga-Events.

Whether this is meant in a factual or restrictive way, I don't know.

4 hours ago, funkymunkyzone said:

Hi everyone. General curiosity - does anyone know if there is any possibility that the GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit might make an appearance in Seattle for the big 20 year celebration?

Or maybe at GeoWoodstock a week later in BC?  It was in Fort Worth last year, but too far from the venue for us to go see it (since we've seen the original in Seattle and the European in the UK).

I'm hoping to makes an appearance. Its supposed to be at the Midwest Geobash at the end of July. It would have to be a quick turn to take it down, ship it and set it back up.

3 hours ago, The Jester said:

Or maybe at GeoWoodstock a week later in BC?  It was in Fort Worth last year, but too far from the venue for us to go see it (since we've seen the original in Seattle and the European in the UK).

Maybe I'm getting these things confused, but wasn't the original in  Muncie, Indiana ?

10 hours ago, igator210 said:

I'm hoping to makes an appearance. Its supposed to be at the Midwest Geobash at the end of July. It would have to be a quick turn to take it down, ship it and set it back up.

I didn't know it was going to be at Midwest Geobash, but I guess that makes it unlikely to be anywhere Seattle for the big celebrations.  Such a shame as that's where a lot of us internationals will be heading for.

1 minute ago, funkymunkyzone said:

I didn't know it was going to be at Midwest Geobash, but I guess that makes it unlikely to be anywhere Seattle for the big celebrations.  Such a shame as that's where a lot of us internationals will be heading for.

Hang on a minute.... isn't it in France in July?

10 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

Maybe I'm getting these things confused, but wasn't the original in  Muncie, Indiana ?

The original exhibit traveled the US, then they made one for traveling Europe.

There's even 2 in Europe this year: in May in Prague (GC7WWW0), and in July in France (GC80101). Would be nice if it is in Seattle/GeoWoodstock as well!

6 hours ago, funkymunkyzone said:

Hang on a minute.... isn't it in France in July?

As far as I understand it, there are two physical mazes. One that has been traveling Europe for awhile and a new one that the organizers of GeoWoodstock 2019 built.