Storm Damage

Hammertime63

Hello Gang,

New to the community and had a quick question.  I have found a cache outside the Ottawa area and it was clearly in a tree which had recently fallen.  Aside from mentioning the issue in the cache log online, should I be posting it anywhere else?  I tried to collect everything and place it back into the cache, but the weather had frozen a lot to the inside of the tree.  Any assistance helps.

Welcome from down by Toronto! :)

I assume you're talking about this cache: https://coord.info/GC1QDGN

You could log a Needs Maintenance on it, but it already has 5 NM logs.

From the looks of the logs, the cache owner doesn't do maintenance on it anyway. Even with the 5 Needs Maintenance logs is has, there has been no owner maintenance. Many of the Found It logs talk about a broken container.

If it were me, I'd log a Needs Archived on it - to alert the reviewer to the issues, since the Needs Maintenance logs haven't gotten any response from the CO. I'd post facts in the NA log, such as, "This cache was in a tree that has fallen. The cache listing has 5 unanswered NM logs on it, and many mentions of a broken container. The CO has not responded to these logs.

(I don't know how to log a NA or NM using the app. You can log in on the website, go to the above link, and click on Log Geocache, then Write Note, then Report a Problem.)

• Upvote 2
On 1/7/2020 at 2:04 PM, TriciaG said:

(I don't know how to log a NA or NM using the app. You can log in on the website, go to the above link, and click on Log Geocache, then Write Note, then Report a Problem.)

Using the app, you navigate to the cache page, scroll down to the bottom, and click "report a problem with this cache"

• Upvote 1