Direct download to iPhone from WIG_Foundation

Danatisy

Hi everyone,

I've been searching every Forum to find the way to download a cartrige from Wherigo Foundation directly out to an iPhone. The only way I found is to get it downloaded to my PC and than transfered to iCloud. This way, Wherigo App can load the cartridge from the cloud.

Why don't I download cartridge from Wherigo site? Error message that keeps pupping up.

I’ve always been able to download from the WF site directly to my iPhone. I start outside the Wherigo app, using the Safari browser. After clicking to download the cartridge, the browser asks if I want to open the cartridge in the Wherigo app. (A few times in the past, the browser asked to open a cartridge in iMovie, though confirming it launched the Wherigo app instead.)

17 hours ago, Ranger Fox said:

I’ve always been able to download from the WF site directly to my iPhone. I start outside the Wherigo app, using the Safari browser. After clicking to download the cartridge, the browser asks if I want to open the cartridge in the Wherigo app. (A few times in the past, the browser asked to open a cartridge in iMovie, though confirming it launched the Wherigo app instead.)

Thanks for your reply. It worked going through Safari Browser.

I clicked on the downloaded file (arrow top right of Safari) and asked "Copy to Wherigo" in the options.

Than, I launched Wherigo App. There is only one thing... Sounds in the cartridge don't play.

For sounds, it depends on two things. First, if you download the cartridge for a handheld GPSr, the compiler will strip out the sounds because the device type doesn’t support them. Second, if the cartridge file does have sounds, it depends on the player to play them, and that’s out of my control.