Images not showing in the emulator

Ah!

Hi,use 

Is anyone else having this problem.   I'm working on a cartridge that has several image files.   

Some days ago things changed.   Any new image files I introduce will preview OK but will not show in the emulator.

I get a symbol to show an image should be there - see attachment.

If I use any already installed image files everything is OK.

I wondered if this could be related to the problem that many people seem to be having with downloading Wherigo cartridges.

Clipboard02.jpg.478d0c8d16c82a6a3dad4d839ca9d670.jpg

I think the issue is with how the images are named: TH5432.jpg.edfa1412983abb992fd48ae0f156e936.jpg. Not fully sure what cuases the error in earwigo but try changing the name of each of the images to something short and simple and with only one ".jpeg." Maybe somthing like "1.jpeg" or "discs.jpeg"

I uploaded the images as is and they would not display. When I changed the name they displayed fine.

1 hour ago, Forest-Ghost said:

I think the issue is with how the images are named: TH5432.jpg.edfa1412983abb992fd48ae0f156e936.jpg. Not fully sure what cuases the error in earwigo but try changing the name of each of the images to something short and simple and with only one ".jpeg." Maybe somthing like "1.jpeg" or "discs.jpeg"

I uploaded the images as is and they would not display. When I changed the name they displayed fine.

Thanks for your reply.   I renamed the file  DA.jpg with no luck, still doesn't display in the emulator.  The name of the file is just TH5432.jpg  the rest is acquired during the upload to this forum.   I have uploaded DA.jpeg just to see what name it gets !!

Also I have this problem with any file I try to use now, even files which I have used before and worked OK, will not display in the emulator.   I think what has been determined is that very long file names don't work and the problem seems to be at my end.  

I'm going to go and sit in the shed for a while.

DA.jpg

Ahh bummer. That is pretty weird that the image worked for me in earwigo but not in your cartridge. I know I suggested this earlier but wasn't sure if you had tried creating a new cartridge to see if the image works in a new Wherigo. The cartridge might have become corrupt. You might also try contacting Geo-Magician, he is the guy that runs earwigo.

Edited by Forest-Ghost

Well !!   It's a bit like playing Cluedo.     

I tried to contact Geo-Magician - still waiting on that one.   

Redirected by sTeamTraen to this forum.   

Haven't tried the new one yet - kikinoot.   Where's he been hiding ?

I think it was GM in GZ with the GPScluedo.jpg.c9fe3ef18950c4c14b4450e1f7359b41.jpg