Geocaching proposal?

Hey all

Has anyone ever proposed in a way to do with geocaching? My girlfriend loves night caches and I was wondering if I could set up a night cache nearby that I could then make go live the night I was to propose. Of course I’d want us to find it first and nobody else to disturb us. What’s people’s thoughts? It’s just one of many ideas I’m juggling at the moment 

thanks all

• Love 1

You could request your local Reviewer to Publish your Listing at a specific date/time, but you have no control over who goes out and looks for the cache once it's Published and live on the website.  It might be best to beta test the Listing with your future fiance before Publication.

Congratulations!

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

I think geocaching proposal is a fascinating way to propose!  Maybe you could message the reviewer, let him/her know of your plans to propose and if they could publish your cache the night you are planning to propose. Then get there as soon as it's published, run! Take the chance that another catcher might get there while you are proposing but how cool would that be to have a small audience witnessing it?! lol While geocaching we came across a proposal scene being set up in the forest. Sadly we were asked to leave, lol, so we didn't get to witness the proposal.  You could have a friend standing in the shadows to alert cachers what is going on and to wait a bit? Good luck! So exciting!

• Upvote 1

Marriage proposal     Marriage proposal ideas    FTF hunt leads to proposal    Proposals caching style

- And that was just the first page in search (other links and videos within them) .   :)

We saw a proposal at an event once, but most seem to be FTF or beta-testing the cache for me.

The other 2/3rds used to give me my birthday presents on high-terrain hides by beta-testing her published cache on a separate account.

- There were fewer cachers at the time, so no worry of someone picking up keys to a Harley for a FTF prize.   :laughing:

-

• Helpful 1
6 minutes ago, thebruce0 said:

I've created a playlist of videos I've found with geocaching proposals people have shared. Some of the setups are really well done, and some of the videos are tear-jerkers /:)  (some of them are pretty straightforward too) but it could give some ideas for anyone thinking about it!

I just watched the Geocaching Proposal video. Got goosebumps and teary eyed. At first, it looked like she was putting the ring box back into the camo cache. lol

On 1/6/2020 at 6:56 AM, bigdanny185 (geckos) said:

Hey all

Has anyone ever proposed in a way to do with geocaching? My girlfriend loves night caches and I was wondering if I could set up a night cache nearby that I could then make go live the night I was to propose. Of course I’d want us to find it first and nobody else to disturb us. What’s people’s thoughts? It’s just one of many ideas I’m juggling at the moment 

thanks all

Any updates? I would love to hear your story! 

My husband proposed to me with a geocache, although it wasn't an actual published one. The story he gave me was that we were going to look for one that another cacher I knew had hidden but wasn't published yet. My brother came along and went ahead to plant the ring in the container and found an excuse to head back to the car while my husband got down on one knee. It's definitely a memorable story to have!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2
On 1/28/2020 at 4:28 PM, Twinklekitkat said:

There was a wedding at a recent mega event.  It was really neat.  Check it out. Pirate themed!  GC803PR 

Love their "Mates for Life" photo!  Here's the gazebo being decorated for an engagement proposal. The cache was hidden nearby. We sat down to sign it and then was asked to leave. lol This is a forest with a park we hike in frequently and find caches, never knew the gazebo was there, it's well hidden.  Rose petals were tossed about on the walkway. 

weird.jpg

I used to work for a local county Recreation and Parks. When people sign up to reserve an area in a public park, and it is approved and reserved, that area is technically theirs for the time specified in their permit. It is the same as your rights to reasonable use of any piece of property you pay rent on, like an apartment or commercial property. They have their right to reasonable privacy and fair use. As long as they are polite in asking you to leave the area, and not unreasonable, such as asking you to leave the entire park, or using threats or force, they would be justified, and the Park service and/or police would support them in their actions.
Seeker_Knight

Edited by Seeker_Knight