20 Years Community Celebration Event List

19 hours ago, OusKonNé & Cétyla said:

Some lucky geocachers have already published their Community Celebration Event:
https://www.geocaching.com/play/search?ot=4&types=3653&sort=PlaceDate&asc=True

I see that so far only one has been published in Australia, in Ballarat, Victoria. I received one but I'm still mulling over possible venues. I went out exploring on Friday and found what looked to be the ideal spot, with barbecues, picnic tables, toilets and shelter in case of wet weather, but it only has parking for 11 vehicles and there's nowhere else you can park within easy walking distance.

mount-bouddi-picnic-area-01.jpg

I'll do some more exploring this week, then I'll need to liase with the others in this region who received them to pick a date that doesn't clash.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

I see that so far only one has been published in Australia, in Ballarat, Victoria. I received one but I'm still mulling over possible venues. I went out exploring on Friday and found what looked to be the ideal spot, with barbecues, picnic tables, toilets and shelter in case of wet weather, but it only has parking for 11 vehicles and there's nowhere else you can park within easy walking distance.

mount-bouddi-picnic-area-01.jpg

I'll do some more exploring this week, then I'll need to liase with the others in this region who received them to pick a date that doesn't clash.

Looks like a great spot - maybe you could organise some ferrying of attendees from parking further away if you get that many people attending?

11 minutes ago, funkymunkyzone said:

Looks like a great spot - maybe you could organise some ferrying of attendees from parking further away if you get that many people attending?

I'd thought of that, but it's a popular starting point for bushwalkers so there's a good chance the person doing the ferrying could find there's no parking left when they get back. A few of the other places I'm considering are a lot less restrictive and hopefully just as nice.

4 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

A few of the other places I'm considering are a lot less restrictive and hopefully just as nice.

A stand-out venue I visited this morning is the Crommelin Native Aboretum in Pearl Beach. There's wet-weather shelter under the cottage awning, plenty of space, ample car parking and the aboretum itself is an interesting place for kids and grown-ups to explore. For a modest booking fee I can also get access to the cottage with its tea-making and toilet facilities.

DSC_0136.jpg.0fd587723db18cd0c518ff4a6285fd3e.jpg

The Pearl Beach shops and Pearl Beach itself are only a few hundred metres away for anyone who might want to avail themselves of those.

Now all I need to do is come up with a date that's not going to clash with anyone else's event. I see there's one just been published 37km away for the 2nd of May, so far the only one in New South Wales.

Edited by barefootjeff