HQ Visits

sloth96

Howdy,

Does anyone remember if they got a reservation confirmation when they made their reservation to visit HQ?  I made one a few months ago for near the time of the Geowoodstock and now see they are using a different system with another special system for the 20th anniversary celebration. I want to find my confirmation.

Did they migrate those over?

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, sloth96 said:

Howdy,

Does anyone remember if they got a reservation confirmation when they made their reservation to visit HQ?  I made one a few months ago for near the time of the Geowoodstock and now see they are using a different system with another special system for the 20th anniversary celebration. I want to find my confirmation.

Did they migrate those over?

Thanks.

You should sign up with the new system. We did not migrate the reservations over because we never intended for those to be used for the busiest weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will email the people that made those previous reservations, to notify them that they need to use the new system instead.

• Helpful 1

Thanks for the e-mail. 

I wish you had honored the RSVP's made before the cache page was updated to point to the special page.  The cachers acted as requested. Given how far in the future the HQ closings were post, they had a reasonable expectation the RSVP would be honored.

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1

Im in the same boat. I sent an email to HQ about 4 months ago saying that I would be visiting HQ on the 25th and 26th August 2020. I got nothing back via email. Then suddenly I found out that you had to book in advance and get tickets. Now it seems I may be traveling all the way to the USA without a ticket to HQ as they are all gone.

Edited by DARKSIDEDAN

But on GCK25B it says you can just drop in. "No reservations required". Is this not correct?

Self-Guided Drop-In Visits & Gift Shop - Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Explore our Visitor Center @ HQ! No reservations required but you can RSVP to let us know you are coming. As these are drop-in hours, if you choose to RSVP, you won't receive a ticket or confirmation when you RSVP. You may just drop-in when we are open! Click here to fill out the RSVP form. PLEASE NOTE: Do not use this form if you would like to visit the HQ Visitor Center August 10-13 and August 17-21, 2020. You must reserve a time slot in order to visit the Visitor Center during this time. Reservations for August 10-13 and August 17-21 can be made at hq20.geocaching.com/shop

• Helpful 1
10 hours ago, DARKSIDEDAN said:

Hi Goldenwattle I am hoping that is correct and that I can get in on the 25th or 26th Aug 2020.

A few years ago now and things can change, but I visited there in 2014 and had no problems with visiting, although I did let them know I was coming. There are some really good caches near HQ worth finding.

Added: I don't know if this interests you, but I found it easy to stay in a motel near the airport and catch the light rail into town. The accommodation near the airport was cheaper for the same standard than the hotels in the city. Plus I got complimentary pick-up and drop off at both the airport and light rail from the motel I stayed in.

Edited by Goldenwattle
  • Helpful 1
On 3/2/2020 at 12:12 PM, DARKSIDEDAN said:

Hi Goldenwattle I am hoping that is correct and that I can get in on the 25th or 26th Aug 2020.

I'm pretty sure you are. Enjoy your HQ visit, I didn't find it that special, but still a must-do for every cacher of course.

Hmm...  We went to my brother's wedding in 2013.  Since we had not cached in Washington before, we asked if we could get the largest number of cache types in one day.  He was glad to help.  We got eight types of caches that day,  including GC HQ!  Also got Letterbox Hybrid, Multi, EarthCache, Traditional, Mystery, Virtual and WebCam.