List of Caches nearby

crows nest

When I click on 'Search for Geocaches' and 'near my location' usually a list pops up. I click on the placed heading and the caches are listed on order from most recent to 2001. The page says there are 1549 caches listed on 78 pages. However, when I click to look at page 2 only the first page pops up again. Doesn't matter what page I click on, only the first page shows. I can click on Placed again to reverse the list starting with 2001 caches on page 1. When I click the 2nd page, again, only the first page of the earlies caches shows.  I have been able to look through this list hundreds of times in the past years. Is this a new problem on the website, or is it my computer?

I'm having the same issues. I have Microsoft Edge and IE and get the same problem with both. I cannot get to a page 2 on anything including my trackables . Also I cannot edit anything. Trying to start a new TB and I cannot edit. It is like it is in a loop and just goes back to the same page/screen. I wanted to make a correction on a log and cannot do that either. Hopefully HQ is working on this and it will be resolved soon. In the meantime, it is annoying.

53 minutes ago, Keystone said:

You should not count on any relief for Internet Explorer, which is no longer supported.

No longer supported by Geocaching.com, or no longer supported by Microsoft?

Because it definitely is supported by Microsoft, and will be for quite a while yet (source):

How long will the most current version of Internet Explorer remain supported?

Internet Explorer is a component of the Windows operating system and the most current version will continue to follow the specific lifecycle policy for the operating system for which it is installed.

To paraphrase the above, as long as you're running a supported version of Windows, then IE11 is officially supported by Microsoft.

(This post was written using IE11 running with the January 14, 2020 cumulative security update for Internet Explorer)

• Upvote 2
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 4:11 PM, Frau Potter said:

We are aware of this issue using Microsoft Edge. We recommend switching to another browser until the issue is resolved.

I get this message every time I log into maps. I can still use the map though but how does one change browsers anyway? I have window 7 and that will be ending soon, no more updates.  "You are using a browser that is not supported by the Google Maps JavaScript API. Consider changing your browser."

17 hours ago, The A-Team said:

No longer supported by Geocaching.com, or no longer supported by Microsoft?

When I asked (after "upgrading" to windows 10...), the team said "IE11 is supported until the end of Windows 10,  on October 14, 2025.

That should give me five more years to work with something I'm familiar with.   :)

So if that's the answer , I'd guess it's the site that doesn't want to work with it.  

- But "no longer supported" by Microsoft would be incorrect.

On 1/8/2020 at 4:28 PM, Grand Illusion Crew said:

I'm having the same issues. I have Microsoft Edge and IE and get the same problem with both.

I'm guessing that when issues for Edge get fixed, at least some of the IE issues will also start working again.

Here's more reading on the "IE11 No Longer Supported" thing:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows8_1/websites-telling-me-they-will-no-longer-support/5caf94d0-facd-43db-93d0-4745feec10b7

On 1/18/2020 at 5:23 AM, Fah-Troop said:

ok so google chrome lets me see beyond the first page but when i try to download a gpx it doesn't tell me where it download and i can't find a way to direct it to the GPS

On 1/18/2020 at 5:29 AM, Fah-Troop said:

boy is this fun!  Had to go to  the downloads in the computer drag the cache to the GPS and make sure it ends up in the GPX  file.

The default folder for downloads with Google Chrome is the Downloads folder (makes sense?).  If you want to be given a choice where you'd like the file to go each time you download something, you can do so in the Chrome settings (Advanced).  Or you can designate any folder you choose as the default place to put your downloads.