Garmin GPSmap64st

Downloaded pocket query as I have done before.  No caches found.  Message said "try adjusting search parameters"  On the page button the word geocache is there but the icon is not highlighted as if it did not recognize geocaching. On the profile I highlighted geocaching.  It is a new device and I have already used it a few times with no problem.  I checked the filters and it says "all types".  I did a reset to factory, and downloaded again.  Garmin express updated, recognized the device.  Said download complete.  Unplugged from computer, turned on gps and saw the loading bar went to the end and still no caches listed.  I believe it has something to do with the icon not highlighted.  I am at a loss as it worked before.  Any help would be appreciated.  Can't call Garmin today as they are closed for the holiday.  thank you

I downloaded a local cache and it showed up but the ones I loaded from the PQ were about 140 miles away.  How can I get it them to show up while I'm still home to be sure they loaded?

Thanks

Edited by azgoldseekers
added data

Either from geocaching.com list "send to GPS" using Garmin Express OR making a pocket query and send it to the GPS through GSAK.  My hubby called Garmin yesterday and they said there is a distance limit on how far you will be able to see your loaded caches.  He said most likely 100 miles or so.  Our older GPSMAP62 does not have that distance limit but this new GPSMAP 64ST does and my Oregon 600 also has this limit.  If We load through GSAK then we can look through the computer properties and clicking on it will open the gsak program.  We just like to be sure they downloaded to the GPS before driving a distance for the days event and not finding caches loaded when we get there.  That's one of the reasons we take two gps.

All Geocaching Garmin GPSr have had the ~100 mile limit in the geocache list, but they all show on the map always.

As many Garmin GPSr can index 4 million geocaches, do you want to wait for the device to do so every time you open the geocache list page? Do you really need to see geocaches there that are hundreds of miles away? No, of course not.

• Helpful 1