Stages found on different days, but not really?

CAVinoGal

I commented on this on another thread, but it's happened again.  And with unintended results!

We went out today intending to complete our third Adventure Lab (which we did).  We were both on a quest to reach cache find #1800 as well, so we found a few caches before we did the lab, and then there was one traditional in the same area so we picked up that one as well, a total of 11 added to our stats.  The Lab spanned two days again, 12/30/19 AND 12/31/19.  When I got home to log the other 6 we found, and our one DNF on the day, I had both the 3-2-1 Souvenir and the Goodbye 2019 souvenir, even though it was only 12/30/19 on MY calendar, and if you look at my Geocache finds list, there is none on 12/31 as of yet.  I DO plan to grab one today so I can legitimately earn both souvenirs; I've still only got 5 caching days according to my calendar.  Dec. 12, 19, 23, 27, 30.  The Adventure lab seems to have credited me with Dec. 24 and Dec 31 as well.  We need to find these Adventures at a different time of day if we want to avoid getting credit for two days of finds!!

Adventure3.thumb.png.45673ddca449d7501cec9aa77cd4137f.png

Here are my two souvenirs - note the date acquired!!  I will be finding at least one cache today, to complete my 3-2-1 AND the Goodbye 2019 for real - but I must have a touch of OCD in me because this bugs me!!

1912004691_321Souvenir.png.0cd57e967833ebb3692417951e35e51b.png859479239_GoodbyeSouvenir.png.510ac8c16bdab96d6a00dedd2b78dc6f.png

On 1/8/2020 at 4:35 PM, Frau Potter said:

We are aware that Adventure 'lab finds' shown on Geocaching.com are not currently in the timezone of the Adventure. It isn't a simple fix, but we are looking into possible solutions for the future.

Yeah this just came up when I tried to get a PGC Leap Day Lab Cache Icon. It said I completed the Adventure Lab on 3/1/20 instead of Leap Day. A bummer, but that just gives me something to do in four years.

And on an aside I picked up a Frau Potter Lackey TB at Potters Pond in 2017. I just actually made it part of my Adventure Lab I just planted!!! 

• Upvote 1
On 1/9/2020 at 11:35 AM, Frau Potter said:

We are aware that Adventure 'lab finds' shown on Geocaching.com are not currently in the timezone of the Adventure. It isn't a simple fix, but we are looking into possible solutions for the future.

Thanks Frau Potter, I very much appreciate seeing your response.  Are you able to provide an update?

I am currently enjoying the few lab caches that I can get to, however I don't like the way they mess up my calendar stats - I'm trying to complete my (non streaking) 'finds on every day of the year'

Cheers, John, Australia (Sydney timezone :( )

On 3/20/2020 at 3:53 PM, riokun said:

Thanks Frau Potter, I very much appreciate seeing your response.  Are you able to provide an update?

I am currently enjoying the few lab caches that I can get to, however I don't like the way they mess up my calendar stats - I'm trying to complete my (non streaking) 'finds on every day of the year'

Cheers, John, Australia (Sydney timezone :( )

We haven't forgotten about this issue. It's still on our list of things to investigate and hopefully resolve. 

• Upvote 1