Souvenirs not showing

Kiwikatze7

Is anyone looking into this issue first posted 5 months ago?  Is there a fix for it?  I ask because I have the geocaching app on multiple devices (Android Galaxy S8, Android Galaxy S9, iPad).  Both of my Androids are current, up to date, running the latest Geocaching App.  The S8 shows my souvenirs.  The S9 does not and has not for a very long time - it just explains what they are - "Souvenirs are virtual pieces...".  It does not show my Souvenirs.  I really don't want to know "what they are", I want to know which ones I have earned.

On 6/13/2020 at 5:19 PM, Scouting4Ever said:

I've now earned all of the "Memory Lane" but the Android Geocaching App still shows nothing except the explanation of what Souvenirs are.  Is anyone at Groundspeak looking into this issue?

Just for fun can you attach a screenshot? 

This is the first promotion where I've gotten no souvenir notifications on my app. 

This problem was fixed after I contacted Groundspeak.  They eventually had me uninstall and reinstall the geocaching app on my Galaxy S9.  Things seemed to work.  Then I noticed that no new souvenirs were being displayed... last one was in June 2020.  Today I tried again to uninstall and reinstall the app.  Now I'm stuck with the "Souvenirs are virtual..." message.  It no longer displays any of them.  Sad that a "fixed" problem has resurfaced.

• Surprised 1
On 3/23/2021 at 1:58 PM, Scouting4Ever said:

This problem was fixed after I contacted Groundspeak.  They eventually had me uninstall and reinstall the geocaching app on my Galaxy S9.  Things seemed to work.  Then I noticed that no new souvenirs were being displayed... last one was in June 2020.  Today I tried again to uninstall and reinstall the app.  Now I'm stuck with the "Souvenirs are virtual..." message.  It no longer displays any of them.  Sad that a "fixed" problem has resurfaced.

Same here. Mine all went away!  I just get the message saying what souvenirs are.

I recently received an e-mail from Geocaching HQ saying "This issue is now resolved. "  (04/30/2021).  I replied:

Thanks for letting me know that the issue with displaying souvenirs has been solved.   Unfortunately it still isn’t working on my phone. 

I logged out of the app and uninstalled the app from my phone.

I reinstalled the app from the play store and logged in.

Displaying souvenirs repeatedly tells me that “Souvenirs are virtual pieces of art…”

Other “one time” features work, such as only telling me what an Earthcache is the first time I select one.

Version Info

Version 8.47.1

Android 10

Samsung SM-G96OU

Am I running the correct (fixed) version?

Is there something else I need to do to get it working again?

Their response:

Thank you for contacting Geocaching HQ.

Have you reinstalled the geocaching app? 

Yeah, I think I answered that question in my reply (sigh).

So... still doesn't seem to be fixed.

• Funny 1