Cachers in Raleigh/Triangle area

GeoJoeyBob

One way to address this is to create an event cache at an interesting location. The group which evolved into the Georgia Geocachers Association (GGA) started this way one year ago, and we just had our anniversary meeting. Here's our event cache page for your reference: GGA June 2002 Meeting

Let us know if we can help - we've had our growing pains and will be glad to share tips.

Okay, I am one of the TV guys, and hey, this sounds like fun. JeffersonStone, the other TV guy, has been wanting to get a group going. Lets try to pick a date and place. Post your ideas, or email me. fpage, I just emailed you at your nongeocaching email address.

I'd like to explore the idea of forming a club to set up challenging event caches. Cash and prizes at the end would make it more interesting.

Heres' what I'm thinking:

Say we set up a club and have 50 members.

Bi-monthly dues are $10.

The club would then have $500 in the kitty.

Every 2 months, a comittee of about 5 people would form to set up a challenging cache on a chosen weekend.

The commitee members would be barred, but the other 45 would race to find the cache, the winner would recieve the $$$.

Next event, a different committee would be formed. etc.

Any thoughts?

I met up with a guy today while geocaching who was on his first hunt. I think the area is picking up more cachers now. An event cache would be the ticket to get everyone together. It doesn't have to be something extravagant. It could be meeting up at a burger joint or some other restuarant. I know the Charlotte area guys do that some. Maybe a poll would be a good idea on what to do.