Is it possible to create a draft for anew cache?

Chipper3

Thank you for the help!

I am adding a little more detail to be very specific for those not familiar  with the nuances of the GeoCache techniques for creating the web part of creating a new cache.

1. Go to PLAY>HIDE A NEW CACHE

2. If you have no caches being developed and not published click on CREATE A NEW GEOCACHE  and follow the prompts.

3. When you have completed your session and want to save the work for future refinement before submitting then look for the SAVE and SAVE & PREVIEW links by scrolling down to bottom of the form.   SAVE will return you to the form and SAVE & PREVIEW will present  what a visitor to your cache page will see. 

4. A distinction is important here.  Geocaching does not call your work in progress a Draft.  Draft is used to describe a temporary field finding log that you use later to log your find.  Geocaching calls your cache creation work as an Unpublished Hide.

5.  So to find your work in progress, click on your profile icon on the menu bar at the top of any page.  The look for the Cache grouping and click on UNPUBLISHED HIDES and then click on the one that you are working on.  To Edit, click on the EDIT CACHE link at the top of the page.

Hope this helps!

On 1/1/2020 at 4:03 PM, Chipper3 said:

Thank you for the help!

I am adding a little more detail to be very specific for those not familiar  with the nuances of the GeoCache techniques for creating the web part of creating a new cache.

1. Go to PLAY>HIDE A NEW CACHE

2. If you have no caches being developed and not published click on CREATE A NEW GEOCACHE  and follow the prompts.

3. When you have completed your session and want to save the work for future refinement before submitting then look for the SAVE and SAVE & PREVIEW links by scrolling down to bottom of the form.   SAVE will return you to the form and SAVE & PREVIEW will present  what a visitor to your cache page will see. 

4. A distinction is important here.  Geocaching does not call your work in progress a Draft.  Draft is used to describe a temporary field finding log that you use later to log your find.  Geocaching calls your cache creation work as an Unpublished Hide.

5.  So to find your work in progress, click on your profile icon on the menu bar at the top of any page.  The look for the Cache grouping and click on UNPUBLISHED HIDES and then click on the one that you are working on.  To Edit, click on the EDIT CACHE link at the top of the page.

Hope this helps!

This is super helpful! I have almost all of my hide planned out, just need to grab coordinates. Glad that I can work on it before doing a final submit.