Sign in to follow this  
Followers 13
iconions

What's with these "bogus" discoveries of my coins????

https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB3J298

I dropped this TB off in 2016, and it went missing shortly after. Now it is getting Discovers. The latest from little-leggs with found.png 3,647 Caches Found compared totrackable.png 47027 Trackables Logged, "whilst we're in lock down" by their own admittance.

Other 'discovering' this TB since it went missing:

reg_user.gif(SOA)

found.png 307 Caches Found
trackable.png 16326 Trackables Logged

prem_user.gif7EVENCachers

found.png 3,133 Caches Found
trackable.png 17525 Trackables Logged

prem_user.gifhennes196911

found.png 12,914 Caches Found
trackable.png 31274 Trackables Logged

JMVonFange is blatant enough to admit where they 'discovered' this.

https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=361f2c1b-e563-4d8a-93b2-963a6cf1fd59

"

08/Apr/2020 JMVonFange discovered it Australian Capital Territory, Australia   Visit Log

Discovering these from Nebraska after finding them on various websites - pinterest, geocaching, twitter, instagram, facebook and other various sites from geocachers. Also, may discover multiple times because of being seen in multiple spots."

Team MSBMS just logged an other one of our TB's for which the code was posted today on the infamous FB page. Log text: "Découvert durant le confinement du Covid-19.
Bonjour du Nord de la France. Merci pour le partage.:mad: TB locked, log deleted.

• Upvote 1

You will see that swift action has already been taken regarding this most recent bulk logger.

Happy Blue Switch Day.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1

13 minutes ago, Keystone said:

You will see that swift action has already been taken regarding this most recent bulk logger.

Happy Blue Switch Day.

Yes, just received two other emails from logs of them on our tb's. And when I wanted to delete the last one, the log was already deleted. Thx Groundspeak for the quick action taken. :)

47 minutes ago, Keystone said:

Happy Blue Switch Day.

Yes, 13 of mine have now been discovered and the logs are still coming in, but thanks for the prompt action.

I would hope that the account gets locked rather than just logs deleted otherwise they haven't really lost anything...

I am so appreciative of the quick action HQ takes in these cases.  All the logs on my coins were deleted and the loggers account locked.  Thank you!
Happy Blue Switch Day!

• Upvote 1

Was just browsing my FB timeline, and turns out there are more of these FB groups to share TB codes. (How naive I was). Since I'm a member of a geocoin group on FB, it was suggested to me as something I might have interest in. Mind you, these groups haven't shared our codes (yet), but something annoyed me in their group description, which is private by the way, so don't know what and how much they have shared (it started in 2018):

This group is to share trackable codes with other geocachers.
The trackables on this group are not all owned ... some are ones that have been found on our journey.
If a TB owner wants their TB removed ... the owner must send the TB code to be removed.

This group is not to start controversy but rather to share the love of TBs

This is the other way round. Not only can't I check if my codes are on there, also when it's posted their, since it's private and can't see the posts, but I shouldn't even have to. Why not share your own TB codes only in that group if you want to? Why should a group member decide to post my code there if they may have seen me in the "wild" and they took a picture of or scribbled down one of my trackable garments?! Since it's a private group I can't contact them to ask them this vary question and don't feel like becoming a member.

One other thing:

The infamous public page on FB for which we have had several bogus logs, has this website mentioned on their FB page details: logthemall.org. When you go to that website you can bulk log trackables and at the bottom it reads: Authorized developer for the Groundspeak API, which links to the geocaching profile of Cano. Doubt however that this geocacher knows this FB page link exists and doubt if (s)he wants to be associated with this page....

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CarSim97 said:

This group is to share trackable codes with other geocachers.
The trackables on this group are not all owned ... some are ones that have been found on our journey.
If a TB owner wants their TB removed ... the owner must send the TB code to be removed.

This group is not to start controversy but rather to share the love of TBs

Wow.  So these freaks think that if you don't contact them, it's perfectly okay to do this.   Arrogant pieces of carp.

I'd really like see every one of these maggots removed from the hobby. 

Makes you want to rush right out and buy another trackable, doesn't it...

• Upvote 1

And another one of our coins is mentioned on Geocache TB Spoiler Facebookpage. This time our coin is discovered by Schnüffelcarsti. Log deleted and coin locked.

9 hours ago, CarSim97 said:

And another one of our coins is mentioned on Geocache TB Spoiler Facebookpage. This time our coin is discovered by Schnüffelcarsti. Log deleted and coin locked.

Yes.  He discovered one of my nephew's geocoins.

Wow.  '18 cacher with over 4000 trackables found (almost 2000 caches too.)   :)