Logs don't load on website

Asterix 2003

I"m having the same problem. NO logs loaded when I open a cache page. If I click on 'Show all logs', nothing happens.

If I click on 'Friends', my friends logs do appear. THEN, if I click on 'Show all logs', then all logs do show.

I'm using the current version of Chrome.

I don't know anything about script blockers, but doubt I'm using one.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Max and 99 said:

I'm seeing all logs on the cache page. 

I can also see the logs. However I had problems recently with two computers with clicking on the link on an email in my web mail. The caches wouldn't load, when it always has before. This was working when later I tried another computer. I don't know if this was a computer problem, or this problem was fixed before I tried it on the third computer.

Clearing cookies did not fix it (firefox browser). The little map is not displayed, logs are not shown and I cannot change coordinates any more. When clicking on this little pencil the website directs me to the "hide and seek" page.

Edit: Hints are not decripted as well

Unbenannt1.JPG

Edited by CoBiG
adding picture
13 minutes ago, CoBiG said:

Clearing cookies did not fix it (firefox browser). The little map is not displayed, logs are not shown and I cannot change coordinates any more. When clicking on this little pencil the website directs me to the "hide and seek" page.

Check any scripts you're possibly running. Firefox does work for me without issues.

2 hours ago, CoBiG said:

Unbenannt1.JPG

Running Chrome (up to date version) on Windows 10.  No scripts.

From the blue Cookie banner, went into Settings, and unchecked everything except 'Necessary' then hit Accept.

- I saw the map but couldn't change coordinates (redirected to https://www.geocaching.com/seek/#), saw no Logs, and got the script error when decrypting the Hint.

Cleared my cookies, logged back in, etc., but this time left the 'Preferences' cookies checked before accepting the settings.

- Everything back to normal.

2 hours ago, CoBiG said:

Unbenannt1.JPG

Same problem with my Firefox (Greasmonkey) , Chrome (Tapermonkey) browsers but not with Edge (without any scripts)

Removing cookies helped editing the coordinates and the personal notes (Firefox) but did not bring back the logs.

Edge is running smooth and fine.

It does not work for me, neither with Edge nor with Internet Explorer on Windows 10.

And there are other problems: I cannot page through search results.

It always remains on the first page (1-20 of 200).

It does not help using an inprivate-Browser.

It yet worked some hours ago, the time before the annoying but necessary 
Cookie setting window first appeared.

I´ve no user scripts involved in my browser. Javascript is enabled and no adblcker is working. 

Yesterday i accepted all Cookie Preferences and now i can not see any logs on a Cache Webpage. 

I work with Win10 and the Microsoft Edge browser.

Or: If I log a "Found it" and have entered the log text, the website always returns to the log page. Then again without data etc.
The log itself went okay ( i think).

Additional EDIT:

For a test i used the Win10 operated Notebook from my wife. As browser is "Chrome" working. And there are all the same Problems:

No logs on the Cache page available, can not add private notes or corrected coords.

Edited by *AGUK*

I have this issue too. Logs are not loaded, cannot make private notes on the page and correct coords.

This is probably due to a wrong cookie implementation on the website.

When I choose only 'Necessary' cookies I have the problems.

Choosing the 'Preferences' cookies as extra solves the problem for me.

I use Win10and Chrome.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1

Dear employees of Groundspeak,

your recent changes on webpage don't really make sense. If I accept all cookies, the logs in cache listing are shown. If I accept only what i have to, the logs in cache listing are not shown. With Chrome or with Firefox, both the same. And all browsers without any scripts or add-ons.

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.25bf34a6ca05134e1154f049dbc98c84.JPG

It's actually funny and that on a day when many would certainly like to cache.
And honestly, over 400 cookies?

Is there the possibility to undo your last changes, until you can do it right?

Kind regards.

• Upvote 2

The Groundspeak site has been acting very odd for me today. 

• I kept getting notices to allow cookies.  I finally clicked on that one.  (never saw this before)
  • The logs don't load when I load a webpage.
  • The tabs on my public profile page do not work.  They simply send me back to my profile page.
  • There have been several other one time events that are just odd.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Keystone said:
5 hours ago, arisoft said:

Seems to relate GDPR. Logs appeared after I posted a new note and granted access to cookies.

There is also the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) which becomes effective January 1st.

If there was a recent change, involving issuing new/different cookies, which potentially changes the way the website interacts then why wasn't this announced in the Release Notes forum? isn't this exactly the sort of thing Release Notes are for?

There are lots of people describing these problems  over in Facebook land and nobody really seems to know what's happening, so many questions could have been answered if we were made aware that changes had been made.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 2

Curious... if someone logs a cache, is it logged ?     :huh:

There's a "goodbye/hello" promotion starting today, and I'd really like to log a cache I found for it...

No logs visible still.   Noticed yesterday I couldn't go on anyone's profile panels (tabs) to help another.  Even my own.

I can see my caches, souvenirs n stuff from my private profile dashboard though.  Sheesh...

ETA... Answered my own question.  Maybe.  Can't view to see...

After I enter my find, it went back to the log-in page, but ... refresh on the cache page does show it as a find, and my "count" went up by one. 

Weird...

Edited by cerberus1

There are not separate versions of Geocaching.com for different countries.  If a privacy law such as GDPR triggers changes to the website, then geocachers in Brazil and Korea see the same changes.  If a privacy law such as CCPA triggers changes to the website, then geocachers in the EU and Australia see the same changes.

• Helpful 1
23 minutes ago, HHL said:

Because the cache page's code is delivered worldwide.

AGAIN: check your running browser scripts.

Oh HHL. Good joke. :laughing:

All worldwide delivering webpages should use USA rules. Good joke, again.

And who is speaking about scripts. Only you. It does not run with an empty browser. But, perhaps the many people which have confirmed that, are wrong, right? :tongue:

• Funny 1
23 hours ago, Asterix 2003 said:

If I open a cache listing, evereything loads fine except the logs. It's just on the website. I'm using Firefox ESR on Debian 9. Does anyone else have the same problem or knows the reason?

This bug is related to our most recent release. We have fixed this bug and logs should now be loading on Cache Details pages.

Release Notes have now been posted: Release Notes (Privacy law compliance) - December 31, 2019. We will continue to monitor for bugs and report updates in the Release Notes thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Keystone said:

Geocaching.com has been running under "EU Rules" ever since the effectiveness of GDPR.

18 minutes ago, Oceansazul said:

This bug is related to our most recent release. We have fixed this bug and logs should now be loading on Cache Details pages.

Thanks. :)

@HHL

Maybe we should relax and drink something delicious ...

51 minutes ago, Keystone said:

Please, everyone, be respectful in your posts.

Yes, you are right. ;)

• Upvote 2

I can see logs as normal on traditional caches, mystery caches, multis, and earthcaches, but not on events.

The small map does not appear at all.

I have cleared cache, cleared cookies, closed the browser, and tried different settings of the (California-inspired) cookies form.

Edited by msrubble
tested other cache types

I cannot log any caches. When I hit "log geocache" on any cache, I get the screen where I can type up a log. However, I get a green circle as if something is trying to load. It is preventing me from typing and changing the type of log for any cache. Is anyone else having this issue?

2 minutes ago, bluesnote said:

I cannot log any caches. When I hit "log geocache" on any cache, I get the screen where I can type up a log. However, I get a green circle as if something is trying to load. It is preventing me from typing and changing the type of log for any cache. Is anyone else having this issue?

I get the same thing with Firefox or Chrome. Surprisingly, the page loads correctly in IE11 and Edge, browsers which are having issues with other parts of the site.

At this point, I can't see a browser that works across the site. Each one only works with some parts of the site.

• Upvote 1