Adventures - space for content and attributes.

TheVoytekBear

I just went through crating an adventure Today. What hit me the most was the character limit (1024) for describing the locations (and the adventure itself). It might be enough for labs at a Mega events but it's dramatically little for long term caches. Especially if you don't want to play it the German way and you want to include English description as well.

If the caracters limit is here to stay, I'd really want to see some attributes (preferably for each location separately). If I don't have space to put in the opening hours of a place, a simple attribute should encourage the players to google them and not be disappointed once they reach the coordinates.

Edited by TheVoytekBear
Typos
  • Upvote 4
8 hours ago, TheVoytekBear said:

Especially if you don't want to play it the German way and you want to include English description as well.

"... the German way ..." ;)

You're totally right. I would have loved to write the descriptions of my locations in English as well, but with only 1024 characters it's all but impossible to provide a meaningful bilingual description.

• Upvote 1
On 12/25/2019 at 11:29 PM, baer2006 said:

"... the German way ..." ;)

I meant caches in general, not only labs (the character limit is sort of justification here). I literally mastered my phone's OCR features while doing the "tourist" WiGo in Dresden. It was a struggle to find any other caches that weren't traditional. I believe only one or two COs we're an exception there. I've cached in over 10 countries now and Germany was the worst when it comes to English listings.

I'll chime in here. I'm in the Netherlands and would love to be able to add English and German translations next to the Dutch language I've used for the standard listing. But there seems no multi-language support for lab caches or lab adventures whatsoever. And the character limit makes it impossible to add descriptions in other languages but the one chosen language.

In addition to the limited character space for the description, question and journal message: why is there no WYSIWYG-editor? Any website builder should have at least THAT. Multi-language support would also be nice, albeit for tourist areas. In my home town we see a lot of German, French and English cache tourists next to the regular Dutch.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:33 AM, Birdie.NL said:

In addition to the limited character space for the description, question and journal message: why is there no WYSIWYG-editor? Any website builder should have at least THAT. Multi-language support would also be nice, albeit for tourist areas. In my home town we see a lot of German, French and English cache tourists next to the regular Dutch.

Just done an Adventure Lab in Amsterdam. Description in Dutch and English, yet the question allows only an English answer .. silly and annoying.

• Upvote 1