Adventure lab app won't show local lab

r.e.s.t.seekers

Greetings.  Our town has a new adventure lab series of five locations.  Several cachers have already found them, so we know the general area of town where they are located.  But the app won't show them to us.  We have moved the map around, moved the map in and out, yet the "search here" says no lab caches found.  It shows us labs in other areas when we move the map to those areas.  But it will not show us the ones a few miles from us when we focus there on the map.  What can we try? 

I asked one of the finders if he had a special invitation, if it were private.  I was told he had nothing special to find it.

Edited by r.e.s.t.seekers
additional information

To find local Adventure Labs, I would recommend pressing the "Discover" button in the Adventures app, vs. using the "Explore" button.

If they don't appear...

I'm not sure what device you are using (Apple/Android) - so some generic "other things to try" :

First steps would be to make sure you have the latest version of the app; either through the App Store or the Google Play store.

Secondly,  make sure you haven't disabled/restricted the ability for the app to use the GPS/Location Services.

Lastly - Sign Out of the app and back in again.

Perhaps you'll get joy from one of those?

I just opened the Adventure app and scrolled the map to PA. Until I tapped "Search this area" nothing appeared.

When I zoomed in a bit and tapped that button, I saw three in the western part of PA; and after scrolling to the eastern half, another click showed me several around Philly.

It's an iphone.  I'm not sure which version of the lab app.  We didn't know there were different ones.  (It is "ted's" phone, as I have a flip phone and really, really dislike the app phone only stuff.)  We did repeatedly tap "search this area" after moving the map around and zooming in and around on the known location (central PA).  We can see the ones in eastern PA - dormont and treasure lake.  We can see ones in Maryland, New Jersey, etc.  I'm not sure what the discover or explore buttons are and will look for them.  Thank you for some things to try.