Jump to content

Hiding my first cache


chillMadi
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

I see that your cache has already been reviewed by one of the Community Volunteers.  Please respond to their note.

 

Our service level goal strives to provide an initial review within seven days of initial cache submission.  As you've just seen, that goal is usually exceeded.

 

You will receive notifications to your registered email address (1) when you submit your cache for review; and (2) each time a reviewer takes action , like by publishing your cache or by providing feedback.

  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
14 hours ago, chillMadi said:

How long does it usually take for a cache to be published after the user submits it for review? Also, how will I know when if and when it gets approval? Let me know, thx.

 

I'm assuming/hoping that you have an email address linked to your account.  Any and all reviewer notes, as well as publication of the cache, are all sent to your email address so that you are notified.  All subsequent logs are also sent to your affiliated email address.  If you're not receiving them (and provided a correct email address), then I suggest you look in your spam folder to see if they're there.

 

As to the reviewer note currently on your cache page (per Keystone's reply), reply to it with the needed corrections or clarifications so that the reviewer can continue the publication process.

Link to comment
22 hours ago, chillMadi said:

How long does it usually take for a cache to be published after the user submits it for review? Also, how will I know when if and when it gets approval? Let me know, thx.

I had one hide published the very next day after submitting it but normally it takes my hides 5 days to a week. One time it took a few weeks because Geocache events were going on and the reviewers were very busy with them. You will be notified in email that they have been published. It's an exciting email to get! Good luck!

  • Helpful 1
Link to comment
On 12/19/2019 at 3:46 PM, chillMadi said:

Thank you all! I got impatient after hiding my first cache lol. I understand now that patience is key and apparently my local reviewer is speedy :)

Understandable! I thought when submitting our first cache hide for review that it would be published within hours! LOL Unfortunately, geobashes were going on and the reviewers were busy with that. 

Link to comment
On 12/19/2019 at 2:46 PM, chillMadi said:

Thank you all! I got impatient after hiding my first cache lol. I understand now that patience is key and apparently my local reviewer is speedy :)

 

I just placed my first cache yesterday, and the reviewer got back to me within 12 hours (I had a few corrections to make). I'm impatient due to excitement, but my reviewer seems to be going much quicker than what is listed on the website!

  • Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
Link to comment
On 1/15/2020 at 10:17 AM, amgraves86 said:

 

I just placed my first cache yesterday, and the reviewer got back to me within 12 hours (I had a few corrections to make). I'm impatient due to excitement, but my reviewer seems to be going much quicker than what is listed on the website!

 

Was it finally published? It is very exciting when it is! I love getting that email. I noticed that it may also depend on where you live. I know that my son's cache hides in upstate New York are usually published within hours of submitting. One time over the holidays, he hid a cache across the street from a relatives house we were all visiting. It was published within hours. Very exciting for all of us and to watch geocachers find it from the front window later that day!

Link to comment
On 1/21/2020 at 6:15 AM, HunterandSamuel said:

 

Was it finally published? It is very exciting when it is! I love getting that email. I noticed that it may also depend on where you live. I know that my son's cache hides in upstate New York are usually published within hours of submitting. One time over the holidays, he hid a cache across the street from a relatives house we were all visiting. It was published within hours. Very exciting for all of us and to watch geocachers find it from the front window later that day!

 

It was published the next day, and received it's FTF the day after that! It's been really fun to watch the log fill up.

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, amgraves86 said:

 

It was published the next day, and received it's FTF the day after that! It's been really fun to watch the log fill up.

 

 

Congratulations!!!!!  And congrats to the person who was FTF!  We usually congrats the FTF in the description! I love when cachers leave long logs, detailing their adventures in finding the cache and how much they enjoyed it. Some have interesting stories to tell! lol 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, HunterandSamuel said:

 

 

Congratulations!!!!!  And congrats to the person who was FTF!  We usually congrats the FTF in the description! I love when cachers leave long logs, detailing their adventures in finding the cache and how much they enjoyed it. Some have interesting stories to tell! lol 

 

I did go back and leave a congrats note for him in the description! He wrote a really fantastic log entry, which has inspired me to be a little more detailed when I find caches! They can tell great stories :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Followers 1
×
×
  • Create New...