MidSouth lost Mustard Devil

ArkansasBugman

quote:
Originally posted by robertlipe:

Well, MD, I wish you the best.

But having spent last weekend caching in Houston, what you really need is "cammo duct tape goggles". :-)

Yea, we don't believe in making it too easy. The one of mine that you hit wasn't too hard though.

Maybe you would have gotten over 200 if everyone wasn't so camo happy. I went to one of PARKERPLUS' yesterday that was darn near invisible. BTW That camo tape is pretty shiney on night raids.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

Maybe you would have gotten over 200 if everyone wasn't so camo happy.

Yeah, that's the ticket. That's what was holding my performance down!

quote:
BTW That camo tape is pretty shiney on night raids.

I was prepared for night caching. I was usually at the first cache site around sunup, but the heat was just such a drag that by the time sundown hit, I was to zapped to continue anyway - and it's not like it was THAT much cooler after dark. Hopefully MD will do better; he certainly has the track record for it.

So, MD, the recepie for successful Houston caching is getting clearer: hunting with night vision cammo duct tape goggles, tanks of gatorade, and a Bosun Cane for defending yourself those big ole banana spiders in Avon Park. Oh, and maybe bring along a ham as a distraction for the Gators. icon_biggrin.gif

Great! Competition for Geowyz. I gotta get 'em at night if I want to get there before him. That's when I'm lucky enough to have one pop up on the radar in the evening. I have Night Vision and I get off work at 10pm soooooo.....

quote:
Originally posted by robertlipe:

[

but the heat was just such a drag that by the time sundown hit, I was to zapped to continue anyway

Lol...It's hot here? I never noticed... icon_wink.gif

Seriously, I just did several caches around Laughlin, Nevada when it was over 120. NOW THAT'S HOT.

BTW- I have a Bosun Cane too. Very cool huh? Mine stays in the car.

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

Great! Competition for Geowyz. I gotta get 'em at night if I want to get there before him. That's when I'm lucky enough to have one pop up on the radar in the evening. I have Night Vision and I get off work at 10pm soooooo.....

http://www.texasgeocaching.com Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

When my wife and I are placing a cache we almost expect to turn around and see MD standing there politly waiting for us to finish covering it up. icon_smile.gif

When in doubt...hit it with a big hammer.

[This message was edited by Chris&Cindy on August 11, 2003 at 07:44 PM.]

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Moving was not an easy decision for me to make. I remember the day I found my very first cache Bridges To Nowhere, had to reread the book twice since I insisted on loading the waypoint instead of the cords!

Its been fun here in Tennessee but this Texan is homesick and ready to go home! Before I go, a quote from one of my favourite actors...I'll be back!

quote:
Originally posted by Mustard Devil:

Before I go, a quote from one of my favourite actors... I'll be back!

O no! That means the FTFs are still at risk! Who knows MD might see a new one pop up here and run back just and grab the FTF to spite us! AHHH! heh heh icon_wink.gif

Good luck in Texas. Take no prisoners, and givem hell for us Memphians! C-ya

64784_1200.gifBeen there... Done that...

quote:
Originally posted by Mustard Devil:

The camo here is very good and where did they get those HUGE UGLY spiders? Used my trusty Bosuns Cane to fight them off! Mustard Devil

So it sounds like I was pretty darned accurate when I said

quote:

the recepie for successful Houston caching is getting clearer: hunting with night vision cammo duct tape goggles, tanks of gatorade, and a Bosun Cane for defending yourself those big ole banana spiders

Pretty prescient for an 'outsider', eh?

(And I'm an outdoorsy kind of guy and don't normally get wigged out about bugs, but those spiders are simply Biblical...)

All the best, dude!

I remember the day I met the Mustard Devil. I couldn't sleep & was up early (like 3 AM early...). I got on the computer & saw a NEW cache, with NO finds. Ah ha!! My big chance. I was there at the break of dawn & actually got the FTF. "Yeah, take THAT Mustard Devil, whoever you are" I thought to myself. As I walked back out of the woods, here comes a guy with a GPS in his hand. I waved & walked over to say Hi. Yep, he smiled & introduced himself as the Mustard Devil himself. icon_eek.gif

I think that was the only time I ever beat him.

Funny enough, I drove from there to another cache, and as I walked in from one side, I loooked up & here comes Mustard Devil from the other side of the strip of trees, heading for the same cache!

He's EVERYWHERE!! icon_biggrin.gif

Best of luck down Houston way James... icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Stitchmonster:

"Yeah, take THAT Mustard Devil, whoever you are"

I think I said those exact words on my way to Yellow Submarine. Soup and I broke camp from work to go get the FTF on that one and when we got there who had signed the log like 15 minutes before us... MD. "Curses to you MD," I yelled as I shook my fists in the air... OK, maybe not but it would have been appropriate. icon_razz.gif

nonflashygif.txt

My skills are ferior!

Check out http://memphistw.org for my discussion board.

quote:
Originally posted by ArkansasBugman:

It looks like we've lost our number one cacher in the Memphis area.

See his post here:http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=84557

He has archived all his caches, even the classic virtual The Grotto. This really knocks down the number of caches in the Memphis area.

MD we'll miss you.

http://www.gpstm.com/pictures/ant.gif

Bugman

I was really bummed when I heard he archived The Grotto ... we found it at Christmastime last year while on a trip from TX to VA. Someone, please ADOPT IT!!! so we can keep telling people about that great cache.

I'm not looking forward to him being added to the SETX team for the Texas Challenge, but we welcome him home to Texas just the same! big_smile.gif

Happy Trails!

quote:
... I can quit any time I like ... really, I CAN!!

Candy (Moosiegirl)http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/

quote:
Originally posted by Chris&Cindy:

This thread is starting to sound like a eulogy icon_wink.gif (sp?). He didn't die he just went to Houston. Hope you are having fun back home MD. icon_smile.gif

"When in doubt...hit it with a hammer" C²™

Hello Memphis! Ya'll quit your whining and wipe away your tears, yehear? and get back to Geocaching! MD is a texan and he was just up there for a little while to show ya'll how things are done. He was just on "loan" to ya'll (from us) for a while. Now itz time for him to come back home and get ready for TC2004! He is back in his own territory now where his skill and expertise will just blend in nicely. If ya'll get to missing him too bad, you are welcome to come on down and visit for a spell. Yoint2? We'll treat you mighty nice! Welcome back home MD and glad you're on the SE TX team for TC2004. SE TX Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(We will,... we will,... ROCK YOU! We will,... we will,.....)

"Oz nevah did give anything to The Tin man that he didn't ALWAYS have"

quote:
Originally posted by Team CountryStylin:

quote:

This thread is starting to sound like a eulogy icon_wink.gif (sp?). He didn't die he just went to Houston. Hope you are having fun back home MD. icon_smile.gif

Hello Memphis! Ya'll quit your whining and wipe away your tears, yehear? and get back to Geocaching! MD is a texan and he was just up there for a little while to show ya'll how things are done. He was just on "loan" to ya'll (from us) for a while. Now itz time for him to come back home and get ready for TC2004! He is back in his own territory now where his skill and expertise will just blend in nicely. If ya'll get to missing him too bad, you are welcome to come on down and visit for a spell. Yoint2? We'll treat you mighty nice! Welcome back home MD and glad you're on the SE TX team for TC2004. SE TX Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(We will,... we will,... ROCK YOU! We will,... we will,.....)

"Oz nevah did give anything to The Tin man that he didn't ALWAYS have"

I think we need to start drug testing on this board. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Blodlizrd:

quote:

I think we need to start drug testing on this board. icon_wink.gif

"Yes, sir. If you would, please pee on your keyboard. We need about 2 oz. That's to the top of the row of home keys."

tongue.gif (Froggies are funny.)

http://www.geocities.com/blodlizrd/nonflashygif.txt

My skills are ferior!

Check out http://memphistw.org for my discussion board.

OK, done...did I pass?